Daily Training Routine

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 19, 2019
Looking for some opinions or recommendations for a daily practice routine that will work on both glove and hitting skills. One daughter (plays 16U) is in high school, and my other daughter (plays 12U) is in middle school. They both have busy schedules between school, travel practices, school practices and I am looking for a structured routine that can be done daily within 60 minutes. Both girls are experienced players, and both have some areas in which they need to improve upon. I am mainly looking for a list of daily must-dos that should be completed at every practice before I have them focus on the drills to work on their problem areas. Trying to mix it up a bit and I am curious to see what some other girls work on daily.

Trying to break the practice up into 2, 30-minute sections, spending the 10 - 15 minutes on everyday work, and 15 - 20 minutes on focused skills work. The plan would look something like:

30 Defense:
Daily, Every Day's, Must Do: 10 - 15 min
Focused Work: 15 - 20 min

30 min Hitting:
Daily, Every Day's, Must Do: 10 - 15 min
Focused Work: 15 - 20 min

What are some Every Day's / Must-Do are your DD's working on? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Sep 13, 2021
My daughter is 14 and a pitcher./1B What we/she does at home has changed a lot over the last 2-3 years. At first, it was a lot of skill work because she started travel ball relatively late compared to the other girls on her team. Now, a lot of the skill work has been replaced with strength and conditioning. One thing I found that helps maximize the value of at home work is recording as many of the hitting, fielding, pitching reps as possible to track implementation of whatever she's working on in lessons or practice and so she can see what she's doing/not doing right.

Nov 18, 2015
Maybe I'm misunderstanding - but your daughters are in school ball and also have travel practice, and you're still looking for them to do another hour of softball a day? Or are we talking about offseason training plans?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles