Which pair of cleats?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Katie Bearn

Softball = Life
Feb 23, 2014
Pennsburg, Pa
Hey Everyone!!!

I am looking for a new pair of cleats and I was wondering what everyone's thoughts are on which are the best pair? I need a pair that would be super durable and last me hopefully a full year if not longer. I like the Under Armour Glyde ST CC, I also like any of the mizuno's but they have to be red which is hard to find, and the nikes. Just a little heads up, I need them to be able to come in red and be metal. Ready, Set, Post!

All of your posts are greatly appreciated!!!!

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Without a doubt Ringor cleats. DD, who destroyed cleats in about 3 months has had her Ringors for 2 years now. Depending on the model, some are heavier than the average cleat so beware. Also, they run very small so order 2 sizes larger than what your DD wears. If she is a pitcher, I would highly recommend ordering a set with the pitcher toe already installed.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I just ordered new Ringors for myself. My current ones lasted 4 years, of wearing them everyday when coaching. They run small so keep that in mind.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Some styles are heavier than others, which is what I prefer. I want the foot protection. But you can order the ones that have mesh in them, which are lighter. Call customer service and see if they can help you.

Jan 17, 2012
Kansas
DD was an Adidas girl 16s through Gold. Fortunately for her Adidas is also her college cleat provider.

We shopped Eastbay.com as it lets you search by color, which was a great help since she needed red also. She was also big enough so we could convert to a men's size, which gave her more options. She liked the adiZero 5 Tool, which I notice is currently on sale.

Jun 24, 2011
For comfort, +1 on adidas. Mizunos are light, but in our experience, not much sole cushion or arch support. Nikes fall apart.

Dec 7, 2011
My DD is a pitcher - an oldy moldy pitcher at 18yrs of age now.

Her shoe history is such:
1 - initially all kinds of cheap crap shoes when she was young and not in TB-A.
2 - then got turned onto Ringors pitching toe model about 5 years ago.
3 - We thought Ringors were the BOMB (in greatly increased durability & quality)
4 - Until we got turned onto the Mizuno 9-Spike-Swift-G2-Switch by another pitching familiy in our club (that also converted from Ringors).
5 - We compared the weight of the pitching toe Ringors to the Mizuno's and the Mizuno's were tons lighter. (and had a pitching toe too)
6 - We found out that with DD hammering the ground so hard that regardless of the shoe she was going to get a new pair every 6 months (including high end orthotics).
7 - So with the extra weight and cost of the Ringors we have not looked back from the Mizuno's since.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I don't know about durability yet, but my 15yo DD is wearing the Mizuno 9-Spike Sweep (metal), and likes them a LOT...and they're red! I found the best price from an eBay seller.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaraLynn0207