Softball Newbie Bat Recommendations

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 13, 2022
Hey all,
Long story short, my daughter played her first ever softball season in a rec league in the spring. She is a good athlete and had a good season, as her first. She was playing with a very cheap bat and I am hoping to upgrade some for the fall season. Still don't want to sink a ton of $ in as she still isn't sure softball is her thing but would like to get her a little more pop.
I have read as much info that I can find and spoken to a local shop owner as well but I would like some more opinions. Essentially what I am seeing/hearing is that unless I want to make the leap to $200-300+ composite bats, which I don't, that I should potentially just look at upgrading to a better alloy bat. I've checked out the Marucci Echo Alloy bats and was told they are nice alloy and I have also seen a used DeMarini Bustos that looks new and is somewhat local to me. Any thoughts on this to help out an overwhelmed newbie would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Get her a lousville Proven. Composite bat. $99.

Sep 7, 2022
Just wanted to update. We got the LXT Plus in on Friday. Used it once at practice and we took some BP at home on Sunday afternoon and she was hitting it well. She walked twice and struck out swinging against our league's best pitcher in her first game and in her second game she went 2-3 with one of her hits being an absolute shot to left center. She has been a contact hitter since beginning in the spring and this was by far her best hit yet, so thanks for all the recommendations. I have one happy girl.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802