The Kelly Barnhill Thread

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 10, 2013
No, it is the leap combined with the replant. Bottom line is that she is 5'-8" with relatively short legs. She gets out as far as Monica Abbott who is 6'-3" with very long legs. With her weight forward posture she releases the ball from about 35 feet.

barnhill_vs_georgia_rise_zpsiik3x2yl.gif

this would be fine in Mens FP, but not in womens. sorry.

Dec 6, 2016
Here's a question about the umpires not calling the pitch illegal. It seems like every year we go through this with certain pitchers during the regular season and when they get to the playoffs and WCWS, the umpiring becomes more "strict." Why do they wait until the end of season to become more strict on the rules instead of enforcing them throughout the year???

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
I do know that with the praise she is receiving from the media, awards and honors that will come from softball there are going to be a bunch of young ladies mimicking her in the back yard wanting to achieve and duplicate her success with parents encouraging them.

This especially irks me right now. I often tell my pitchers/parents who have coaches or other parents that question what they're doing to refer them to me. Part of what I've done in the past is validate what I teach using models of the world's best pitchers. When pitchers like Carda, Barnhill and others are in the limelight and getting praise--it make's it harder for me.

martianr

Softball DAD
Jan 26, 2014
Whiting, Iowa
I hate to admit it but after watching Florida's, Barnhill pitch illegal, I am having hard time liking, rooting, pulling for Florida. But what upsets me the most is the softball analysis Michelle Smith not mentioning one word about her illegal pitching, but instead praising her.

May 30, 2013
Binghamton, NY
I wonder if the honeymoon will end when she starts playing for Team USA?
If I remember correctly, didn't Nevis start get called repeatedly once she started playing internationally?

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Is it possible to "tweet" or message this gif to folks like Smith, Kempf, etc... with a note asking why mechanic is allowed? (I have a flip phone and outside of Facebook, I don't know much about the various social media...)

barnhill_vs_georgia_rise_zpsiik3x2yl.gif

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcworthSoftballMom