Jordyn Bahl

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 25, 2020
She has been called for leaping maybe 3 or 4 times in her first couple of games. Maybe the umps are trying (but not too hard..) to keep her from becoming the next DFP pitching Piranha

Good to know thank you. Im very interested in how she does.

For Shiloh, I dont think it's fair to compare a tiny leap like that to barnill who replanted every pitch(sometimes leaped and replanted).

Jul 31, 2015
She is leaping, on every pitch. And it’s not subtle.

It’s also highly likely given the consistent skip that she is replanting, at least occasionally.

But either way, what she’s doing is illegal.

—> What is the point of rules if they are consistently violated? Why not start having runners skip off 1b before the pitch, or skip and replant before the pitch?

Compare Bahl to Megan Faraimo.

Last edited:

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
I don't know how many, but it was called throughout the game. She lost a bunch of strike calls, but it didn't make any difference. One impressive performance regardless.

The announcers, who couldn't even get the obvious things right, were calling it a crow hop. If anything, it looked like more of a small leap. Maybe it's more easily seen on close up video at half or quarter speed, but it looked pretty subtle from the OF camera angle. Apparently, the 3B umpire had a better view.

Jul 31, 2015
Looks like a leap to me, similar to mens fastpitch. And she does it on every pitch.

I am googling videos of her: have yet to see footage where she doesn’t leap. Many videos of her don’t show her feet which is odd.

Jul 31, 2015
From an SI article about Bahl, pic courtesy of OU

1644730155847.jpeg
1644730309547.jpeg
Looks to be more than an inch off the ground.

OU coaches know this is illegal.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coach101