Swing speed training

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 12, 2009
Sure a Hack Saw should do the trick. Make sure the ball lines up where the sweet spot would be on your DD's normal bat. Always wear a batting helmet.

I didn't think Whip Hits were made long enough to put the ball where your sweet spot would be on a normal bat.

Oct 10, 2011
I didn't think Whip Hits were made long enough to put the ball where your sweet spot would be on a normal bat.
I adjusted the length of the rope so it would be in the sweet spot for a 33" bat. I think the one you can buy is for a 32" if I'm not mistaken.

Mar 12, 2009
Thanks for the info! I was thinking they were even shorter than that. I guess it makes sense though.

Oct 10, 2011
I played baseball and got big into weight lifting in my 20s. One thing I learned is the recovery time and diet are even more important then the workout. We always said strong muscles are built in the kitchen, not in the gym.

Our hitting sessions are always 2-3 girls. They push each other, and it keeps it more enjoyable for them. The hitting sessions usually last about 45 minutes. They are pretty tired by the end. I don't think there is a wrong way, but always keep in mind you are trying to build a single explosive move, not endurance. We use a tunnel at a faciluty 50% and 50% is in a garage. I do side toss at in angle as part of it, we are working on swing mecs not tracking. Now early next spring we will go to mosting front toss. I only use lite flights and tcb balls in the garage and I still nearly get my head taken off.
With the swing work and strength training...dude she is going to blow it up!

RHC, how long does it take to start to see a difference in the swing training? She's been to 3 sessions with her personal trainer and she could barely walk after the 2nd workout her glutes were so sore. She wasn't sore at all after the 3rd session and really loves this place. They have a baseball player that is training at the same time that plays for one of the Orioles farm teams. She said he's so hot it makes her work even harder. Lord help me. I guess whatever makes you work harder.:confused:

Mar 12, 2009
drc...this is quickly becoming my DD's favorite bat to swing with. Let us know if you get one and how she likes it.

I actually bought one a long time ago and never did use it. I'm sure I still have it but I never really knew the best way to use it. I've heard of people using it on a T with someone standing behind the hitter holding the ball so it has tension on it which seemed ok but I guess I just never gave it a chance.

Oct 10, 2011
We use it on the tee just like any other bat. You really need to whip hard and use your wrists to get it to work. I then move to her normal bat and have her try to get the same whip with it. I forgot her helmet the other day so I couldn't pitch to her with the Whip Hit.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
We use it on the tee just like any other bat. You really need to whip hard and use your wrists to get it to work. I then move to her normal bat and have her try to get the same whip with it. I forgot her helmet the other day so I couldn't pitch to her with the Whip Hit.

Can you please post a video of using. I would like to see it in use. I am not(and hope others wont) looking to Critic your DD swing. I have just never seen used.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA