Fly swatters and bats, what if.....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
Here's what you posted:
Barry Bonds talks incessantly about his top hand.
All the posts from many here talking about hands and hitting down.
Trout, ARod, Yelich, etc... all talk about hit down, not much talk about the legs or core. Tewksbary talks about TTB. Mankin, THT and BHT, Miggy and palm up. Who's talking about the core and legs?
The bat weighs 26 oz or so, forget a 8 year old. Grown men swinging 26oz 33 inch bats in mlb. How much muscle does it take?
Chop chop or TTB both capable of creating the bat speeds necessary.
If the barrel can enter the zone with early bat speed.....we've all seen the blur as the barrel accelerates rearward.
Why not?
How's that for a hidden agenda? Next we talk about area 51.

I'm not up for arguing, but I was responding to that post. I don't see anywhere there where you said that. But if that's what you were inferring, then that's fine.
I mispoke. ..er .....typed.
See my initial post.
#1 post in this thread.
I know what the bats weigh, just mispoke. Some slow pitch men swing 26oz 34".
Baseball is drop 3ish.
Fast pitch, drop 12 to 8.
We good?

Jul 29, 2013
All other things being equal, if you swing a 34 -8 at 70mph, and swing a 34 -10 at 70mph, you will hit the ball harder with the 34 -8. Physics wise, I don't know what amount of speed overcomes the amount of kinetic energy behind a heavier bat. However, my DD tried a 34 -10 a year ago, on the field, with our usual front toss. She could swing the -10 at about 3mph faster. However, she'd consistently hit the ball about 30 feet further with her 34 -8. At that point, she never picked up a "light" bat again.
Force = mass x speed but MOI rears it's ugly head and bats have different "pop".
Isn't physics phun!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619