Fly swatters and bats, what if.....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Flyswatter...interesting. It makes me think of badminton. Super light racquet. Most hits in the game are about quickness, and are mostly arm-powered (few moving parts). However, the most powerful hits recruit more of the body, but still might not even be launched from a ground-connected position. IMO, like swatting a fly, the weight of the target/projectile plays a significant factor in how we use our body.

Apr 16, 2013
Can we also point out... 26oz?!?! What planet is this on? The moon? Most players swing 34" bats that are, at a maximum drop, -3. There might be a few players swinging 33" bats. My DD's wood baseball bat is pro quality with a mid level end load. 33" and it's a -2.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Hahhhaaaaa
Atleast there are compairisons of arms and bats....
Screenshot_2020-06-04-06-05-16-1.png

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2015
source.gif

Big baby obliques. Wait till he learns to get his lower half into it! 😁

Feb 16, 2015
South East
source.gif

Big baby obliques. Wait till he learns to get his lower half into it!

Nice gif Mud..... the best part about it is that our bodies are designed to be efficient but it gets coached out of us...... Noticed the kids legs as the torso rotates to the left, you see the left foot rotate to the right...... the right leg also hits the table......and the hub is the Thoracolumbar Fascia........ The built in braking system and it will get coached out of him...... really sad.

Apr 11, 2015
Nice gif Mud..... the best part about it is that our bodies are designed to be efficient but it gets coached out of us.....
Agree 100%, and that's one of the sad things about some of the hitting instruction that goes on these days. Even worse when furus use other people's kids as their lab rats, or possibly even worse, the computer furus who offer advice, w/o ever showing anyone they've worked with previously, and the unsuspecting take the whole hook line and sinker, and then get mad when their hitter(s) fail to move on in the game.

Noticed the kids legs as the torso rotates to the left, you see the left foot rotate to the right...... the right leg also hits the table......and the hub is the Thoracolumbar Fascia........ The built in braking system and it will get coached out of him...... really sad.
Honestly, I really can't say that I see it, so I'll take your word for it. Unfortunately I'm getting old, and the gif is really just too small for my eyes to see what you're pointing out there in any real detail. 👴👓🤷‍♂️

Feb 16, 2015
South East
Agree 100%, and that's one of the sad things about some of the hitting instruction that goes on these days. Even worse when furus use other people's kids as their lab rats, or possibly even worse, the computer furus who offer advice, w/o ever showing anyone they've worked with previously, and the unsuspecting take the whole hook line and sinker, and then get mad when their hitter(s) fail to move on in the game.

Honestly, I really can't say that I see it, so I'll take your word for it. Unfortunately I'm getting old, and the gif is really just too small for my eyes to see what you're pointing out there in any real detail.

I hear you man...... I saw a funny meme the other day which said

I used to be young and fun, now I have to turn the radio volume down in my car so I can see better.

So true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619