Another rant

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
On average pitchers are the tallest players on the field at the highest level..I guess that is one huge coincidence..
If you haven't seen her pitch it would be hard to understand the awkwardness of her
non-athletic pitching that produced phenomenal results.

radness

Dec 13, 2019
If you haven't seen her pitch it would be hard to understand the awkwardness of her
non-athletic pitching that produced phenomenal results.
Often reading/talking about pitching folks get into all the strength and explosiveness it takes.
Leg strength
Whip
Yadda yadda

Doomer was composed and took an elapsed time (literally) befor the pitch spat out of her hand.
Not explosive at all.

Very possibly
Each pitcher has individual rythem that only each can find!

Jun 8, 2016
Back bite someone else told you befor not into your petty arguing chit.
Humor is fun.
Not here to tackle ur chit.
Go Softball
Whatever Rad. Your problem is that you don't read carefully and/or comprehend correctly then act like it never happened when you are called out.

You were pushing that Doom was non-athletic as a counterpoint to the idea that genetic advantages exist because you were assuming we were talking about athletic ability (coordination, speed, etc, etc). There are other genetic advantages which can help in sports and size is one of them.

On most high level baseball and softball fields the least athletic (if we are talking about what is typically considered athleticism..) player is the pitcher and the tallest player is the pitcher..I realize I didn't set a WCWS hitting record but I've watched a few games in my life.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.
On most high level baseball and softball fields the least athletic (if we are talking about what is typically considered athleticism..) player is the pitcher and the tallest player is the pitcher..I realize I didn't set a WCWS hitting record but I've watched a few games in my life.

Bartolo Colon comes to kind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

radness

Dec 13, 2019
Whatever Rad. Your problem is that you don't read carefully and/or comprehend correctly then act like it never happened when you are called out.

You were pushing that Doom was non-athletic as a counterpoint to the idea that genetic advantages exist because you were assuming we were talking about athletic ability (coordination, speed, etc, etc). There are other genetic advantages which can help in sports and size is one of them.

Wow really?
I comprehend fine.
Then add to conversational points and am not interested in arguing.
No need to take it personal its conversation.
You act like comments are a personal attack on you.
No its discussion.
Thats it!

Correct i brought in an interesting point that athleticism can be different!
Thanks for noticing!

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
Learn how to quote please..unless are trying to be cute and doing it on purpose.

If you didn't want to argue then when I mentioned Doom was tall you could
have ignored it and not starting calling me names. It isn't that you don't want to argue, it is that you don't want anybody to disagree with your opinion. I've conceded a point (or said I was outright wrong) numerous times on here...you might want to try it sometime.

Again some people have genetic advantages (which includes size,strength,athleticism, intelligence,etc)..that is life. No point in worrying about it though since you cannot control it..control what you can control.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802