So, how much do you pay for DD's TB uniforms?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 14, 2013
Long Island
Simply stated. I'm suffering from sticker shock right now and I was curious to know what others are paying. I will assume all players get 2 uniforms, a batting helmet and equipment bag, all personalized with player name, number and team logo. Thanks!

Jul 2, 2013
You must be playing for a young team. Sounds like $300+ sitting here. Yeah, sticker shock for sure.

As you get older, and the players/parents get more savvy it changes. Get me a team, a couple of uniform jerseys, maybe a couple of pants, if the team does not ever wear black pants (have a bunch of those). Helmet doesn't match, we will pick one up later. Usually $100 gets you by.

Older teams, unless you make a true national Gold team, care about how good the player is. Not particular about what they can charge extra to get them to all look exactly right.

I remember when we were a young team, just getting started. All we had were T-shirts, and our own blue shorts. Played a super travel team of the day. All matching everything. Probably a bunch of money on the team, could smell it. Our ragtag team whooped their butts, went home and never thought twice about it.

Be a smart consumer.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2010
They aren't cheap. What gets my goat is when coaches insist on a new uniform every season or two, and skim off the top. There are a LOT of organizations run by people who were originally in it for the right reasons, but became tainted after thousands of dollars passed through their hands on a regular basis. I've started to believe that the best orgs are run by independently wealthy individuals who aren't in it to help support their house payment.

-W

Jul 2, 2013
This is a 14U team. Coach told us how much we owed for uniforms. We don't have control over it, SCDad. But thanks for the input. :)

Maybe, maybe not. Remember right at around 14U, is when a bunch of players start going their separate ways.

Most organizations have a meeting before the season. It usually goes the same. A bunch of talk, and the more they talk, the more money it will cost. They are trying to get every parent to "buy in", quite literally.

Throughout these "introductions" I always voice my opinion that we do not need to buy EVERYTHING for a team. You would be surprised how many people who would not speak up, will agree.

Be very careful with this team. The fees are just starting, and will multiply in proportion to how much everyone pays early.

Just my experience. High fees early ... mean high fees later. I always speak up and the less fortunate jump on board and the whole discussion changes. If no-one says anything, OK, I tried and pay what is asked.

Been there, done that. Looked great for one season, until key people left, and it fell apart. Have treaded more carefully ever since.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2013
There is a certain segment of the softball world who intends to make money off the dreams and aspirations of players/parents who are extremely motivated to get a softball college scholarship. The umpires, I love them and respect them, make the most. Tournament directors make a bunch and will do tremendous favors to the local teams, to keep it going. Big org. coaches who promise the world, carry 16 players on a team, while insisting you buy everything under the sun with their name on it, not so much.

A college scholarship is earned, by the best players who want to work very hard to play college softball. A good waitress, working the exact same amount of hours, can make more money to pay for college, than a college softball player.

Softball is about developing character. It happens on an every day/practice/game basis. Do not get sucked into allowing folks to use softball as a way to take your money.

Not saying it is the case here. Just offering my perspective.

There is little or no free money in softball. In Japan, where corporate jobs are offered to sit at a desk, get paid, to play softball for the corporate team. Yes, sure and why the pro players go to Japan. In the US, in any way shape or form ... no free money. Hopefully it will change.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2011
Depending on the uniform shirt quality and if it's silk screened or not, $45-90 per shirt. Numbers can add $5-10 per shirt. Good pants $40 easy, as long as they aren't customized with stripes. Helmet $40. Good bag $60. So I would say it could run $250 easily. Some brands or styles, you could be looking at over $300.

Feb 8, 2009
Depending on the uniform shirt quality and if it's silk screened or not, $45-90 per shirt. Numbers can add $5-10 per shirt. Good pants $40 easy, as long as they aren't customized with stripes. Helmet $40. Good bag $60. So I would say it could run $250 easily. Some brands or styles, you could be looking at over $300.

You can buy sublimated uniforms for less than $50.00 a set. I would like to use uniforms for 2 years, but some parents resist.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
OK - so we got over the whole 'expensive/must look the same' thing in 10U.

Fall we will be wearing dryfit shirts with 3-color logo and number on back - $30 max. Teamworks pants - the changeup models have chevron-like inserts so it adds color and buying for the team was roughly $13/pair and the quality is superior. Everyone has black socks to wear. We had team helmets from last season - we changed location so we got new decals. $5/player. Sponsors paid for them (and some extras) last season so no cost.

So Fall it was $50/player (little extra so we can buy a spare shirt or two in case we need some fill ins)

The season after we will get jerseys - 2 per player. They will still be in the $35 range each - maybe a little more. Pants will be the same but the option to buy will be there for those who need new pairs. It is the serious season - so an additional dryfit for practices. We'll do some visors as well for those that want them at $15 (which is only 2-3 of them). Buy some extra coaches shirts which are just the same dryfit shirts.

So roughly $100/player plus some extra if you need some more pants and visors.

You want to look consistent and sharp, but you don't need to spend a fortune to get there.

Two weeks ago we played in $4 Gilden t-shirts we bought from the local JO-anns with Sharpie numbers. Finished second... Didn't hurt our performance :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish