How much do you pay to play HS?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 17, 2012
Just curious how much you pay for your DD to play on the High School team? We pay $440 which includes mandatory bat bags, helmets, practice gear and meals. It also includes other miscellaneous items like end of the year banquet, team hotels (one out of town tournament), etc.

The over all team budget for three teams (V, JV, and freshman) is 15k. Some of it is offset by sponsors and fundraising.

I have my own opinions but perhaps this is the norm.

Thanks.

Dec 19, 2012
My dd is in college now, but when my dd played HS the cost every year was $495. We also had to pay for practice gear and meals out of pocket. The fee did include the year end banquet and hotel for one night for a two day out of town tournament. Our season averaged about 27 games.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
DD's HS, like others in the area, has a booster club which does a lot of year round fundraising. Because of this, we pay nothing out of pocket for DD to play HS ball and this includes uniforms, helmets, bat bags, 4 out of town overnight tourneys, and a week long trip (every 2 years) to Florida or Myrtle Beach to play a week long tournament over Spring Break. Of course, the parents still pay for ourselves so it's not really inexpensive considering that everything else is paid for DD.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
Our pay to play fee (per sport) is $100. Then we had an additional $25 (hotel fee) for a tournament we are going to this weekend. $100 for uniforms (two jerseys that we get to keep and use again next year and a pair of green pants-we had the white ones from last year along with both color socks and belt). Varsity decided to get warm-ups so that was another $55. So about $275 for us - a bit more for newcomers...

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
$200 but have is uniform deposit. No bat bags, no overnight trips...heck we'll be lucky to play 20 regular games.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee