How much do you pay to play HS?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 24, 2010
We pay @ $600, for the season, but going to the state playoffs added @ $150/player for a total of $750.

We paid $400 up front. Sold a couple of signs to businesses that went towards the team and the girls did an email blast to relatives etc. I do know that there are other schools in our county that pay
a lot more than we do. I will say that the girls got nice pullovers, zip up jackets and shorts and tees from the team. We also went to Columbus for state - so I am sure that was figured in there somehow.

It was our first year playing (even though she was a junior) - I claim no knowledge of anything that happened in past years. :D

Sep 28, 2015
Wow! I never realized people had to pay to play high school ball! Considering myself very lucky right now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 25, 2016
Our program is only in the 2nd year. Last year all of the equipment purchased for the team, including a pitching machine, the wrong size balls and uniforms were paid back through fundraising by the players themselves. This year after taking over the program I was able to find 12" balls dirt cheap and have brought in a bownet, tee, face masks and many other things. Rather than having the students fundraise, I'm going to work with the new AD next year to set up a booster club which would help reimburse me for everything that I bought, if I decide to stop coaching and leave all my equipment here, otherwise I'll take it home for my DD. Half of the uniforms didn't get returned last year, so this year I am having the students buy them directly from me at cost. If the program gets better next year we'll get all new uniforms and I'll charge them a little extra and add the funds to our budget. So this year, the girls pay $0 other than getting cleats. Some have to buy socks and their own pants. We also had 20 $10 gloves donated last year. I tell them they should get their own gloves but some prefer the school's. We are a low income, low performing school so yeah....

Oct 13, 2014
Metro ATL
Our program is only in the 2nd year. Last year all of the equipment purchased for the team, including a pitching machine, the wrong size balls and uniforms were paid back through fundraising by the players themselves. This year after taking over the program I was able to find 12" balls dirt cheap and have brought in a bownet, tee, face masks and many other things. Rather than having the students fundraise, I'm going to work with the new AD next year to set up a booster club which would help reimburse me for everything that I bought, if I decide to stop coaching and leave all my equipment here, otherwise I'll take it home for my DD. Half of the uniforms didn't get returned last year, so this year I am having the students buy them directly from me at cost. If the program gets better next year we'll get all new uniforms and I'll charge them a little extra and add the funds to our budget. So this year, the girls pay $0 other than getting cleats. Some have to buy socks and their own pants. We also had 20 $10 gloves donated last year. I tell them they should get their own gloves but some prefer the school's. We are a low income, low performing school so yeah....

THANK YOU for giving these girls a chance to play.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI

Great job!

Unfortunately, youth sports are becoming more and more a middle to upper class thing. It gets harder and harder for kids who are poor to compete. Anything anyone can do to help improve that situation is fantastic.

Aug 6, 2013
My daughter is in 8th Grade (Jr High Ball) $75 activity fee + $125.00 Boosters Dues = $200.00
For that they are loaned a used Jersey and Used rain Jacket - we buy pants and helmet, etc. out of pocket

I'd guess it's not a bad deal since they have to ride the activity bus every day, either to games and back or to practice and they have a nice banquit for the girls (it's $25 a head for my wife and me but free for the girls)
Realisticly though, I'd rather pay for it my self then have the general tax payer in the district have to pay for it.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
My daughter is in 8th Grade (Jr High Ball) $75 activity fee + $125.00 Boosters Dues = $200.00
For that they are loaned a used Jersey and Used rain Jacket - we buy pants and helmet, etc. out of pocket

I'd guess it's not a bad deal since they have to ride the activity bus every day, either to games and back or to practice and they have a nice banquit for the girls (it's $25 a head for my wife and me but free for the girls)
Realisticly though, I'd rather pay for it my self then have the general tax payer in the district have to pay for it.

Yes, but for some families the $ hurts. Does your school have provisions for kids with subsidized lunches?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA