How much do you pay to play HS?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
We paid about $450. About $300 was mandatory and the other was for optional stuff such as sweats and hats. A lot of the $300 went toward items she can reuse next year so it will not be as high. We also sell signs for the field and anything over $150 in sales went towards that girls total so that knocked it down some more.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
I don't know if the price has changed, since none of my kids are doing HS sports this year.
For the past 5 years at least, it has been either $110 or $115 per kid per sport. I forget which. There is a per family limit, in case you have 3 kids playing 3 sports each. The amount can be waived or reduced for kids from families eligible for free or reduced school lunches.

For softball, that included uniforms, coaches, trips, use of the field. Bats, gloves, helmets, cleats, bags, etc. were all provided by the kids.
Some of my kids ran track. For them. the main expense was a good pair of track cleats.

For some sports, there is an additional fee. For hockey I think the additional fee is $850 (!)

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
We don't pay anything (but we do buy our own helmet, socks and belt). We have a booster club that raises money year round. We also have a couple of player driven fundraisers that are mandatory (sell x amount of calendars, x amount of raffle tickets, etc).

Last edited:

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Our players pay $80 per sport. We supply helmet and bat bags. They have to be turned in at the end of the season. We offer the opportunity to purchase stuff with our softball logo but no one has to. We hold a major tournament each year but the proceeds go into the athletic fund as does the golf tournament.

Feb 20, 2015
illinois
Our high school fee is $35 per sport. We have paid that three times this year. (Cheerleading for two sports, and softball) We had to buy our own helmet and gear bag. All uniforms, game and practice, are supplied by the school.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
We pay @ $600, for the season, but going to the state playoffs added @ $150/player for a total of $750.

Oct 10, 2014
Peach State
DD's high school dues are $300, and that is cheap for our area. It can be off-set completely by fundraising, if the parents participate. It includes meals for away games, uniforms (girls get new pants and socks every year), helmet, part of the banquet, senior night gifts, etc.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA