Rotational Hitting

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 12, 2008
I looked at all of the websites that analyze swings that you all referred to. I really liked that motion analysis of A-Rod. I can see where some of you think hips and some of you see back foot push. However, I must agree somewhat with the push happening first. It looks to me like when the pros press off their back foot it makes the hips turn... not vice versa. Maybe I am looking at something wrong... but that is what I see. Also, when I look at the motion analysis and right view pro videos vs the Epstein videos... the swings look entirely different.

May 9, 2008
Before & After

Hi All,

I attempted to upload the wmv video file as an attachment and was given a message that the file was invalid.:eek:

I explored a little further and found that this website isn't set up to receive video files.

If anyone is interested in seeing my dd's b4 & after swings send me a pm with your email address and I'll send them to you as an attachment. Unless someone is a computer geek and has a better idea.

Thanks,

Pops

Jun 2, 2008
Hi All,

I attempted to upload the wmv video file as an attachment and was given a message that the file was invalid.:eek:

I explored a little further and found that this website isn't set up to receive video files.

If anyone is interested in seeing my dd's b4 & after swings send me a pm with your email address and I'll send them to you as an attachment. Unless someone is a computer geek and has a better idea.

Thanks,

Pops

looks like a .zip file will upload. try zipping the file first.

May 27, 2008
Indiana
Watched the Olympic team play the NPF All Stars yesterday at Normal, IL. Seeing Bustos for the first time in person from just a few feet away - she is an absolute monster. She hits the ball harder than anyone. Saw some great looking swings from some of the NPF girls, as well.

Watched with particular interest Jessica Mendoza - Posey 13's buddy. :) Very wide stance, does push, does have the hips lead, but....she is what I would call a back foot hitter. Never really got off the back foot, which created, based upon what I saw, more of an upper body swing.

With that said, she did hit a home run late in the 2nd game vs. the Bloomington Hearts - a 19-0 drubbing by the Olympic girls. But Mendoza looks like an extraordinary athlete -strong, powerful, fast. So in that regard, she can get away with a less than desired (IMO) swing due to her physical skills, due to the hot bats, and the short fences.

But, please don't take this as me putting her down, Not at all. She is a tremendous athlete, and by all accounts, a great person. I'm just talking hitting mechanics, plain and simple.

Also got a chance to talk to Coach Candrea for a few minutes after the games. Meeting with him also verfied what I have heard from others - a down to earth, really great person. No touch of arogance, nothing but a regular guy. I told him Mike Lotief and I are friends, and Coach Candrea really lit up. He obviously thinks very highly of Mike. But I came away from our conversation with a great deal of respect for Coach Candrea. Plus I was a little nervous and excited in meeting the top coach in the game. Quite an honor.

Mike

May 12, 2008
Just looked at a Mendoza clip. Assuming it's representative of what you saw I can see where you would conclude she didn't get off the back side watching her in real time. In this clip, you know she did because she rocks back onto the foot after the swing. You don't have to get off the back foot like Clemente but you do have to get off of it some. Email me and I'll send you the clip.

May 9, 2008
Marc Says This Will Work

Hi All,

One more try to post this video. Marc says it's simple cut and paste.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xbOg0saI3Mc&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xbOg0saI3Mc&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UaM9v67scZg&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UaM9v67scZg&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Let's see if this works.

Pops

P.S. If you go to www.Youtube.com and view the video's posted under the user name Rivtime you will see the before and after swings by my daughter.

May 9, 2008
Comments

Hi Amy (my daughter says I have to add the in AZ),;)

If you have any comments please feel free to post.

Thanks,

Pops

May 9, 2008
More Than One Way To Skin A Cat

Hi All,

I emailed the wmv files to my sister and she converted them to .zip and mailed them back. Will try and post them as attachments and see if this works.

Pops

P.S. No such luck, when I did the first attachment I got a message from the forum that the .zip file was too big to post here. Will keep trying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32