Travel Team coaches?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 9, 2024
Hi all! Thanks for all the helpful feedback. We heard back from most coaches eventually and some had specific needs that didn’t fit my DD. Others just got busy and forgot abt us. We ended up joining a team that appears to line up with our goals. Let’s see what the update after the summer is 😀.

inumpire

Observer, but has an opinion
Oct 31, 2014
Hi, looking to get some thoughts about dealing with coaches. My DD 2026 is switching team. Her current team does not play any tournaments that any of the schools she is interested in attends. Her social media has multiple highlights ( defense and hitting) of her play over the past year from travel, school and P5 camps. As we have been reaching out to travel coaches, she has sent messages to coaches via social media and I have emailed others and the response is pretty bad. Even coaches that say they are looking for a player, MAY respond and then ask the basic questions and then nothing. For example, when they ask: tell me about your DD. We provide birth year/grad year, her fielding positions, P5 camps attended in the last few months, type of hitter and speedy. Her social media is followed by multiple coaches some of the P5 schools and smaller d3 in the area and a bunch of travel organizations coaches. Wondering if we are providing too much info or too little, or if they are just plain weird.
Try instead of we are reaching out, try just having her reach out. Most coaches want the player to be independent. May not take her serious if parents are doing all the communicatin.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles