Rotational Hitting

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 10, 2008
Guru,
First of all, all hitters do rotate when they hit. They do not torque on purpose. Too bad your experience didn't teach you anything. I have 19 years Pro experience. I have talked to Tony Gwynn a number of times about his style. He is linear not rotational. Unfortunately for you, you don't even know what you are looking at. Pujols is linear also. I know, because he trains with one of my students. Good luck! You'll need it!!!!!!!!

Jun 11, 2008
Now having read the rest of this thread it's a bit disappointing, though not suprising, to see several posters combining ignorance and arrogance IMO. I expect this on eteamz but I was hoping differently for this board. Read my post above. We were where you are at one time. If you drop the attitude you might learn something. I'm interested in that for the sake of the kids you work with.

Is this directed toward me? I do not mean to come off that way. However, I get irritated when people name drop and they claim people do one thing when they do another. I am open to a civilized discussion.

May 12, 2008
I'd have to go back and read through the thread but you are not one of those that leap first to mind so don't worry about it.

May 12, 2008
Bottom line, given the conflicting advice of the gurus with great resumes, I decided long ago the best truth detector was to compare everything anyone says about hitting to slow motion video of the best in the world. Let that be your horsepuckey detector. My horsepuckey detector has been flashing Defcon 1 for quite awhile in this thread.

Here you go. Analysis

Siggy's Hitting Clips - ImageEvent

If you want buku MLB clips just email me who you want. The above links ought to cover you on female fp hitters.

Jun 10, 2008
Hit Dr. 24,
Any MLB hitter that uses rotation to "start" his swing is not going to be successful. Most of the time when hitters get jammed or loop under the ball, it's because they are open. When they turn off the ball is when they lose bat speed and control.

May 27, 2008
Indiana
Mark, I'm glad you wrote about the condescension and arrogance, and I might add, ignorance, in some of these posts. Mark and I may disagree on some parts of the swing, but we are in agrrement that the best in the world are not what is referred to by some in this thread as "linear." And to say the following...
Pujols is linear also.
Unbelievable is the first word that comes to mind.

And Posey, I'm a little disappointed in your response. I thought we could have a respectful exchange of ideas, but I guess I was wrong about that. Even more disappointing coming from an Olympian.

Mike

May 12, 2008
Yep.

First, regardless of anyone's lofty opinion of themselves, sparkling resume etc, I'm going to apply the aforementioned video test to your words. If your words don't reflect what I see the best in the world doing in slow motion video, you're wrong as far as I'm concerned. Second, the words linear and rotational have been reduced to meaningless marketing copy unless you precisely identify what YOU mean by those terms or whose definition of linear and rotational you are using. Third, and of course this relates to the first point, if you think we are going to bow down to attitude and resume, let me assure you, we have all seen bigger attitudes and resumes than yours so give it a rest. We ARE interested in your ideas but we WILL subject them to the aforementioned test. If ALL, or even most, of the credentialed resumed experts said the same thing, maybe we would have to consider the possibility our eyes were lying to us. But they don't. You have your opinions and beliefs backed up by your reputed resume and we could easily find or list bigger resumes who say your opinions are wrong. What to do then? See above for video test.

May 12, 2008
Mark H, did you get a chance to look at A-Rod's swing analysis?

Not yet. But I have seen various analyses by various pros and ex pros about pros and ex pros and many don't agree so take it all with a grain of salt keeping in mind the action perception gap.

Jun 9, 2008
And Posey, I'm a little disappointed in your response. I thought we could have a respectful exchange of ideas, but I guess I was wrong about that. Even more disappointing coming from an Olympian.

Mike[/QUOTE]

Mike,
I was just messing around with you! Sorry if it offended you. That was not my intentions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32