Travel Team coaches?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 9, 2024
Hi, looking to get some thoughts about dealing with coaches. My DD 2026 is switching team. Her current team does not play any tournaments that any of the schools she is interested in attends. Her social media has multiple highlights ( defense and hitting) of her play over the past year from travel, school and P5 camps. As we have been reaching out to travel coaches, she has sent messages to coaches via social media and I have emailed others and the response is pretty bad. Even coaches that say they are looking for a player, MAY respond and then ask the basic questions and then nothing. For example, when they ask: tell me about your DD. We provide birth year/grad year, her fielding positions, P5 camps attended in the last few months, type of hitter and speedy. Her social media is followed by multiple coaches some of the P5 schools and smaller d3 in the area and a bunch of travel organizations coaches. Wondering if we are providing too much info or too little, or if they are just plain weird.

May 13, 2023
May I ask what area are you looking for a team?... possibly help you make a connection by mentioning that here.

What you were contacting with seemed fine. Do think that there is a lack of communication skills going on nowadays.

Last edited:

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
There are tons of teams in your area. Maybe one of the reasons the direct communication is less than you thought is because she's a 2026. They can't contact her directly until September 1st, unless it's to invite her to camps.

Edit: after Vertigo's response, I realized I missed the travel coach thing.

Are you posting to X that she's in search of a new team? My daughter did that and had a lot of communication from coaches within a few days.

Last edited:
May 27, 2013
There are tons of teams in your area. Maybe one of the reasons the direct communication is less than you thought is because she's a 2026. They can't contact her directly until September 1st, unless it's to invite her to camps.
This is what I thought initially but then realized that I think they are referring to travel coaches not returning their messages.

Jan 9, 2024
Yea These are travel coaches. We are looking at the Top teams for the major brands. But my thought is that if you aren’t looking for a utility player just say that, it is the lack of communication that seems off. It has been with several of them, that is why I wondered is this normal

Jan 9, 2024
Perhaps that could be it. Looking at some of the messages, which is anecdotal but we parents have been ghosted more than she has….

May 13, 2023
Yea These are travel coaches. We are looking at the Top teams for the major brands. But my thought is that if you aren’t looking for a utility player just say that, it is the lack of communication that seems off. It has been with several of them, that is why I wondered is this normal
There are often times teams that will always post looking for players. Even though they may have a completely full roster they leave the post looking for players up. They know whether they really need another player or not and simply will do the ignore pattern until they need somebody or see a name they already know they want.
( top teams could fit it in that category of already having a full roster)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles