Clearwater Invitational

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I would like to point out this was a mere 19 games at the very beginning of the season. Give it a little time to breathe before we start dictating who's going to Super Regionals, and which coach is getting fired for poor performances.

May 27, 2013
I would like to point out this was a mere 19 games at the very beginning of the season. Give it a little time to breathe before we start dictating who's going to Super Regionals, and which coach is getting fired for poor performances.

Good point. DD’s team always did exceptionally well in FL but then would get back to the cold and snow and they were like a completely different team. Bats went cold and pitchers/defense struggled.

Oct 14, 2019
Don’t confuse everyone with your common sense.

May 21, 2018
boooorrriiinngg!!!!

May 13, 2023
I hear what you are saying, but how does a level 5 or level 6 girl (assuming a 1-10 scale) end up at Florida State or LSU or other elite, say, Top 30 programs? Don’t these high-level coaches all know the national teams and national tournaments where presumably the level 8-10 players are playing? PGF Premier, Alliance Nationals, Power Pools in CO, Gold Nationals, etc. Even if these marquee tournaments have been “watered down” by the number of teams attending, those who know, know and the best teams end up playing one another don’t they?

Or are you saying there just aren’t enough level 8-10 players to go around despite all of the above?
Comments from feedback and paying attention.
1. Things with the player changes after they get recruited is number one on the list.
2. Coach's not putting in enough time making good evaluations and possibly recruiting from the same sources over and over again that are actually >>unreliable from year to year.<<
3. Players think they have it made when they get to the college. They start going through the motions not being seriously technical enough with their own growth.
4. The college coaches once they have the players are limited to how much they can do and what they can say to the players to try and activate them being more productive. AKA players complaining, whining and crying is a strong force that creates a barrier to how much coaches can actually push the players to perform.
5. A lot of programs it is not the head coach that is putting in all the recruiting work. They are relying on their coaching staff for the majority of feedback they get.
6. If there are actually 30 top elite players at all the top 30 teams that would be a heck of a lot of elite players. ( I don't think any roster beyond the top four or five teams has entirely stacked level 8 9 players)
7. There is a ginormous gap between true Elite pitching and the rest.
8. When I'm watching games it looks like a lot of teams are relying on hitting. With NO offensive strategy. Pitchers beat their hitters.
As far as defense... definitely think defense could be better on every team I have watched.
Without offensive strategy and a better defense there's going to be a gap in
win-loss record
9. Just because players can hit in travel ball does not mean they can come up against pitchers who are 3 years older than them, higher developed and skilled will kick their rear, until the players that come out of travel ball can catch up to college level.
10. The level 5, 6 players still have a couple years to become level 8 and 9 players. But it is yet to be seen if they stop complaining and start putting in real work to grow....or transfer...

Last edited:
May 21, 2018
I think that hitters are catching on to how to hit the riseball. I saw hitters that flattened their swing plane by coming out of their tilt a little and hit those high riseballs a long way.
I watched the FSU vs Stanford game and the Seminoles did a good job adjusting to, and mostly not swinging, at Canady's riseball as the game progressed. When she had to come down into the zone she was hittable.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles