No Softball in Illinois this Summer?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2014
However ... we ARE REQUIRED to carry insurance on your car for the harm that we may cause others. We CHOOSE to carry insurance to protect our own assets and well-being.

Think of a mask like car insurance. Wear one when you go play.
Auto insurance has no impact on the risk of driving. It just pays for the damage :)

Dec 6, 2019
I think this is something we will see ... the State ceding decisions to the local levels. This is a double-edged sword though. Yes, local officials have better "eyes" on their situation, but they are also going to be much more sensitive/reluctant to reactive measures when something happens.

I see no reason to think that. I would suspect the opposite of that will be true.

Feb 25, 2018
I see no reason to think that. I would suspect the opposite of that will be true.

Here in MA, the tourney season is basically not going to happen, the Gov just hasn't made it official.
Boston Mayor already said no gatherings over 50 people this summer.

I think clubs and the three main softball organizations will be hoping to have some sort of league where teams can play double-headers and keep the attendance below 50. Trick will be getting permission to use the fields from the town or school districts.

May 29, 2015

I agree with you that there needs to be central control. The patchwork approach doesn’t work, as we are proving.

My reason for thinking that is that is two-fold: first, it was the basis of one of the lawsuits filed in Illinois. The contention is that the Governor has exceeded his emergency power and things should be controlled by the county Health Departments. (I don’t agree with that.) Second, that is essentially what this “zone” stuff is setting up.

Feb 13, 2018
Our local REC league just cancelled their whole season which runs June to mid-July.

Madison County, Illinois is opening despite the Govorners orders. They decided this at their county board meeting last night, with something like a 27-2 vote!

I go back and forth thinking quarantine is right or wrong. The point of shutting down was to slow the spread not completely stop the virus....I think this has been successful. They are having trouble with a vaccine and our governor has insinuated things will not be back to normal until one is available.....i am a little worried about not catching the virus now, and some scary super virus coming back this winter that is deadlier and more aggressive.

Dec 6, 2019
I agree with you that there needs to be central control. The patchwork approach doesn’t work, as we are proving.

My reason for thinking that is that is two-fold: first, it was the basis of one of the lawsuits filed in Illinois. The contention is that the Governor has exceeded his emergency power and things should be controlled by the county Health Departments. (I don’t agree with that.) Second, that is essentially what this “zone” stuff is setting up.

You've got the wrong person. I definitely don't think there needs to be central control. On the contrary, there should be local control because local authorities will be more nimble and reactive, and better able to take appropriate and tailored measures in a timely manner.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
However ... we ARE REQUIRED to carry insurance on your car for the harm that we may cause others. We CHOOSE to carry insurance to protect our own assets and well-being.

Think of a mask like car insurance. Wear one when you go play.
To Add
Required may be a requirement but,
Not everyone who's driving carries car insurance.

On a seperate note on ppe face masks i notice the public officials
Talking about wearing these didnt really describe issues that can be effected by wearing them.

Especially with exercise
Here is some info collected.

Increases co2 levels
Decreases blood ph
=increased acid in blood
=makes you breathe faster
=Heart rate increases.

The National Institute of Health
Says it does effect performance.

There are body efficiency performance levels that when we exceed those levels are unhealthy.

To describe Breathing & Heart rate

Breathing heart rate usually increase during inhalation decrease during exhalation change in heart rate that is driven by breathing is known as RSA respiratory sinus arrhythmia.

Lung capacity or incapacity also play a role in the bodies ability to tolerate or not wearing a mask.

It is also noted that
High co2 could create
anxiousness and paranoia.

Last edited:
May 29, 2015
You've got the wrong person. I definitely don't think there needs to be central control. On the contrary, there should be local control because local authorities will be more nimble and reactive, and better able to take appropriate and tailored measures in a timely manner.

Sorry @clarity -- I misread what you were saying.

May 29, 2015
To Add
Required may be a requirement but,
Not everyone who's driving carries car insurance.

On a seperate note on ppe face masks i notice the public officials
Talking about wearing these didnt really describe issues that can be effected by wearing them.

Especially with exercise
Here is some info collected.

Increases co2 levels
Decreases blood ph
=increased acid in blood
=makes you breathe faster
=Heart rate increases.

The National Institute of Health
Says it does effect performance.

There are body efficiency performance levels that when we exceed those levels are unhealthy.

To describe Breathing & Heart rate

Breathing heart rate usually increase during inhalation decrease during exhalation change in heart rate that is driven by breathing is known as RSA respiratory sinus arrhythmia.

Lung capacity or incapacity also play a role in the bodies ability to tolerate or not wearing a mask.

It is also noted that
High co2 could create
anxiousness and paranoia.

Hence the reason there is no recommendation to wear them while exercising.

... besides, we already have widespread anxiousness and paranoia. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi