No Softball in Illinois this Summer?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I think it is no groups of more then 50 until " vaccine or highly effective treatment widely available or the elimination of any new cases over a sustained period".

He also dived the state into 4 or 5 regions which will have different rules at different times.

There have been 2 lawsuits that I know of. A state legislature won and does not have to coioritine, church lost and must remain closed.

I think his current plan is unworkable and will eventually be thrown out.

School ball he probly close down.

(There are actually 11 regions. My region contains part of Chicago which I was worried might happen.)

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2017
If the plan isn't revised, the "groups of 50" is Phase 4, which best case would be very end of June (Two 28 day "cycles" from May 1st). If we do get to play this summer, most likely scenario seems to be a bunch of single games or double headers in July and August.

My hope is that the numbers stay manageable for the states bordering us that are being more aggressive in opening up (Indiana, Missouri). If those states can avoid large spikes in new cases, I think it will be almost impossible for Illinois to stick to the plan announced yesterday. On the other hand, if those states become giant messes, I think we all need to get used to the idea of waiting around for a vaccine and/or really good treatment.

Jun 8, 2016
Yeah there is no summer league here in Muskogee Oklahoma for my DD either
Hmm..they change their mind from a few weeks ago? I thought I remember you saying they were getting ready to start up? Is her team going to try and play tournaments instead (which don't appear to be lacking in OK, at least in Central OK) ?

Oct 2, 2017
Hmm..they change their mind from a few weeks ago? I thought I remember you saying they were getting ready to start up? Is her team going to try and play tournaments instead?

Yeah, currently we are in "Phase 1" of reopening, in which it wouldn't be until POSSIBLY "Phase 2 sometime later in may, early June if I remember what they said correctly, so they just decided to cancel. They say the league is going to do fall ball, but I don't see how that is going to happen, because then you start getting into flu season etc. How are they going to deem it "Safe enough" to play vs now. JMO

Last edited:
My hope is that the numbers stay manageable for the states bordering us

I imagine many club teams will drive to those neighboring states in order to play if they are allowed.

Alabama is behind GA, TN, FL and MS in opening. It is looking like some of the earliest tournaments will be in GA toward the middle/end of May. Lots of discussion on teams traveling to play in tournaments they would not normally travel that far to play in just to get games in. Also, lots of stuff directed at each other not wanting a bunch of teams from out of State to show up and mess things up for those lucky enough to open, lol.

Jun 8, 2016
Yeah, currently we are in "Phase 1" of reopening, in which it wouldn't be until POSSIBLY "Phase 2 sometime later in may, early June if I remember what they said correctly, so they just decided to cancel. They say the league is going to do fall ball, but I don't see how that is going to happen, because then you start getting into flu season etc. How they going to deem it "Safe enough" to play vs now. JMO
Same here in Norman in terms of timetable. Unless things go south, the local rec league is planning on starting league games in mid June.

Oct 2, 2017
Same here in Norman in terms of timetable. Unless things go south, the local rec league is planning on starting league games in mid June.
I know Savage Park who hosts a lot of tournaments in Tulsa, said they were starting back June 1

Jun 8, 2016
I know Savage Park who hosts a lot of tournaments in Tulsa, said they were starting back June 1
There are no shortage of tournaments being played in Oklahoma. USSSA will sanction those starting the weekend of May 15.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478