Jenna Lilley

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
I was wondering why it wasn't being called. In the conference dd played in, it certainly would have been called. Heck, if they stepped to far away from the box, some of the umpires were on players right away.

Big leaguers are gonna big league! Gotta love the intensity. Mabe she'll sign a nike contract and give the sport some notoriety.

tjintx

A real searcher
May 27, 2012
TEXAS
JennaLilley-BP%20Slo-Mo_zpsfubv4086.gif
Joc_Oppo_side_060315.gif

This time, while sitting on a chair again, let’s feel the powerful movement of the deep inner rotators. Hold your arms directly in front of you and parallel to the ground. Then try not to move your arms at all while rotating your spine and pelvis. If you have done this right, you should have felt your rib cage and pelvis rotating together. By the spine facet gear and myofascial connections we are designed with, the movement to rotate the spine will start to create a lateral bend and lordosis. The right lateral bend begins to pull on the right arm/shoulder to produce the “elbow move” we want in the golf swing (external rotation and transverse adduction).

Shoulder engagement, muscling from the top....

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
I agree that the red-jersey swing is improved, for sure. What is the issue you're seeing?

Someone posted the red-jersey clip alongside a professional hitter. IMO the comparison nicely highlighted the difference. Notable was the lead arm action. The post has since been deleted. Perhaps the poster will re-post it.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Someone posted the red-jersey clip alongside a professional hitter. IMO the comparison nicely highlighted the difference. Notable was the lead arm action. The post has since been deleted. Perhaps the poster will re-post it.

Agreed. I thought it was a good comparison, too. I noticed a difference in the extension of the lead arm through contact when compared with the MLB hitter (Ethier) Is that the "issue" you mentioned before, or was it something else?

EDIT: MLB hitter in tjintx's post has been changed to Pederson.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR

Agreed. I thought it was a good comparison, too. I noticed a difference in the extension of the lead arm through contact when compared with the MLB hitter (Ethier?) Is that the "issue" you mentioned before, or was it something else?

Did you also notice a difference in the folding of the lead arm in that comparison?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish