Jenna Lilley

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 21, 2015
tumblr_o0gjfbthry1usf292o1_400.gif

I'm not seeing Harper.
Harper_side_slomo.gif

Harper_side.gif

Me either. That being said, I haven't seen anyone that looks like Harper.

Last edited:

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Okay, let's see these comparisons you've posted.

Youre the post king....I didnt delete my posts. If you would like to show the difference between the two go right ahead. If you want to compare swings on a up and In pitch to a down over the plate and highlight the slight bend in the elbow to prove your opinion thats cool with me.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Youre the post king....I didnt delete my posts. If you would like to show the difference between the two go right ahead. If you want to compare swings on a up and In pitch to a down over the plate and highlight the slight bend in the elbow to prove your opinion thats cool with me.

The point you are trying to make was already made. Why do you think I asked EricF the location of the pitch AND for additional video?

But since you brought up yourself as an example to follow in comparing swings with similar location ... let's see these posts of yours. Shouldn't be hard for you to produce them ... like you said, you don't do it very often ... or are you simply spouting off?

ian

Jun 11, 2015
The point you are trying to make was already made. Why do you think I asked EricF the location of the pitch AND for additional video?

But since you brought up yourself as an example to follow in comparing swings with similar location ... let's see these posts of yours. Shouldn't be hard for you to produce them ... like you said, you don't do it very often ... or are you simply spouting off?

I posted game footage of harper. I reposted a swing of lilley. They are there for you to gif and draw red lines and show me all the differences you see.

You said Jenna Lilley has cleaned up a bit but she still needs some work. What did you mean by that? You were just spouting off...

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
I posted game footage of harper. I reposted a swing of lilley. They are there for you to gif and draw red lines and show me all the differences you see.

You said Jenna Lilley has cleaned up a bit but she still needs some work. What did you mean by that? You were just spouting off...

I see, as I suspected ... you are merely spouting off. What ever gets your jollies off I suppose.

If you follow the discussion you will see that EricF suggested that the swing issue being discussed may be due to an adjustment to an inside pitch location.

I followed up suggesting that it could also be a carry over from her prior swing mechanics.

Take note that this is BP and doesn’t look to be overly challenging pitch speed … IMO. I also see this particular swing mechanic in her other swings.

It may be an adjustment being made to a pitch location … or it may be that she has embedded a somewhat non-optimal swing mechanic. More swing clips would help with that.

Overall, I see her as having cleaned up a great deal of issues, but perhaps leaving one potentially fairly important issue unresolved.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I see, as I suspected ... you are merely spouting off. What ever gets your jollies off I suppose.

If you follow the discussion you will see that EricF suggested that the swing issue being discussed may be due to an adjustment to an inside pitch location.

I followed up suggesting that it could also be a carry over from her prior swing mechanics.

Take note that this is BP and doesn’t look to be overly challenging pitch speed … IMO. I also see this particular swing mechanic in her other swings.

It may be an adjustment being made to a pitch location … or it may be that she has embedded a somewhat non-optimal swing mechanic. More swing clips would help with that.

Overall, I see her as having cleaned up a great deal of issues, but perhaps leaving one potentially fairly important issue unresolved.

I really wish there was more to see from this BP session. Someone at USA Softball has that video, I would guess.

As for the front arm "issue", you might very well be correct that it's a carry-over, rather than an adjustment. Without seeing more examples of her current swing, I guess we won't resolve that right now. I would like to see what she looks like on a low-out pitch.

As you mentioned previously, it's good to see that one of the best hitters on one of the top D1 teams (and now on the Nat team, too) appears to still be working hard at improving her game. That said, JL is known pretty well to be one of the hardest-working players in the game.

Jul 21, 2015
Looks to me like she's simply late on an inside pitch. Has to pull her arms in to barrel the ball. If you look at the comparison to Pederson, they both seem (I say "seem" because its kind of difficult to tell with the camera angle) to be hitting the ball to the same part of the field, but he's able to extend because he's hitting a ball out over the plate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smallsize1516