Feedback wanted " 15 y.o - form at plant"

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 7, 2013
Do you know why these pitchers can get such a late start and still catch your DD at release?.........

Because they do a better job of creating arm whip during the second half of the arm circle than abbygale's DD. Use a bull whip or snapping a towel as an example, the end of the whip/towel is accelerating at a faster rate at the end of the snap vs. rate its traveling prior to the snap. One reason sling shot pitchers were able to throw fast even though they do not use windmill mechanics. So to summarize, abbygale's DD has more constant arm circle speed through out the pitch whereas high-level pitchers do a better job of accelerating their arm whip during 9:00 to 6:00 (release).

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2009
NE Kansas
Trying again: Please ignore my earlier guesses. They had some validity but I think this is much more accurate.

Stretching the muscle backwards while driving forwards creates tension. That tension gives the arm/shoulder a rubberband effect and lets the arm rapidly increase speed on the front side while engaging the entire core from the leg to the hand.

The drive is helping slingshot the arm up the front side instead of using arm muscles to pull it up. And the drive initiates and is the very first part of the whip. If you want to crack a whip, you stretch it out first. The stretch back is the first speed multiplier.

When I started to compare this thought to an overhand serve in tennis, it became much clearer.

Cookie or corner? :)

The Jelly clip is the one that did it for me. The more I looked at it, the more I saw what her body seemed to be doing.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish