video clip feedback wanted

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 13, 2009
$55 for this?!? LoL. I'd go with the scrap of wood, most likely laying around somewhere in the garage for Free!!

Our coach does endorse this product and it's really helped us. I also tried the "cheap route" of making one (and the coach encouraged me to try making it to save money, he wasn't forcing the sale!) but the difference between what I made and the plastic mold is the channels that lock over the rubber holding it in place and restricting the foot movement. Once DD used this she could really feel how much her foot was turning and it helped fix the problem.

CG

Apr 5, 2009
NE Kansas
On a side note, I had my daughter focus on pushing with just her second and third toe. Forced her to get that foot down and push straight in order to feel her 2nd toe. Added benefit is that her drive heel had to come up so that she could feel those toes on the ground.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Going, I don't want this to turn into a bashing of Mr Parker. But there's a lot of confusion about a few things. #1, he did not teach the "best in the world"

I don't think Ernie claims, nor his website, of teaching the "best in the world". He "coached" and "worked" with these elite pitchers. At what point do you ( as a successful pitcher ) claim who developed you to that point? That's the confusing part. Let's say you go to PC #1 10-12u pitching successful then flatline, go to PC #2 14-16u successful then flatline, go to PC #3 18u and HS, then in college your going to use the hired/paid university pitching coach or a flown in PC like Parker from time to time. Who gets the credit? Each "probably" molded the pitcher in some fashion and full credit for "creating or teaching" a student is impossible.

We have to remember Ernie was a PC when there were only a few top tier PC's in the whole country. And he has worked with some of the best for a reason. Now the sport has exploded and a PC is on every corner like Walmart.

And none of the pitchers that are "best in the world" do the things Mr Parker teaches in his videos.

Videos are usually very basic steps, in order to sell a product. If we could learn all we needed from videos there would be no need for live PC training. Correct?

Parker is getting up there in age, but he did work with some of the best using old school methods.......successfully. Long before the age of vast information on the web, high tech slow motion equipment and analysis.

Like I said, my DD never went for lessons, dad was too stubborn. But if you ever had the chance like me to talk one on one with the guy, he knows his stuff.

DD and I went to a few clinics when she was young. Cat and Jennie. I didn't care for them as way too many people and too much information crammed in such a short time. Only thing I learned is Cat sure is prettier in person. :)

Cat Camp 2010 in Memphis.
c69d8c71a2b4fc86fe1c91942ef145ed.jpg
[/IMG]

Jun 13, 2009
Going, great questions. Osterman is pretty clear about who she gives "credit" to for development: Bobby Smith.

The point I was trying to make without coming across as a "hater" is Mr Parker seems to be credited with a lot more than is actually real. His name is associated with all the Olympic pitchers and I bet you'd be shocked to find out what his involvement with them actually was. I know I was sure shocked!!! This does not mean that he doesn't know his stuff. I'm not saying that. Far from it.

I've been to several clinics by many Olympic players. Finch is the most interactive I've seen with the group, others were there for a payday (or so it seemed). One of the pitchers (not naming names) was busy texting almost the entire time. It was very disappointing.

CG

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Cat told me that she had Tim Timmons as her major coach. She tweets and posts on Facebook and is easy to ask questions to. I haven't asked her about Ernie Parker, but I give him all of the credit for learning the trade and putting his work out there, under his name.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Going, great questions. Osterman is pretty clear about who she gives "credit" to for development: Bobby Smith.

The point I was trying to make without coming across as a "hater" is Mr Parker seems to be credited with a lot more than is actually real. His name is associated with all the Olympic pitchers and I bet you'd be shocked to find out what his involvement with them actually was. I know I was sure shocked!!! This does not mean that he doesn't know his stuff. I'm not saying that. Far from it.

I've been to several clinics by many Olympic players. Finch is the most interactive I've seen with the group, others were there for a payday (or so it seemed). One of the pitchers (not naming names) was busy texting almost the entire time. It was very disappointing.

CG

I appreciate you and I agreeing not to bash any PC on here. I've only met the man a few times, as I coached 2 of his pitchers in 14u. ( one has her pretty face on his website lol ) What I did like about Parker is someone with his history ( exaggerated or not ) took the time to regularly come to our games and "watch" his students. Not many household name softball PC's do that, not at the younger ages anyway.

Another thing I liked is he never inserted himself or his pitching opinions without being asked first by me/AC/parent. Now once you asked.........you better pack a lunch..........he gets very detailed in explanations and has some good stories about the softball glory years. I'm usually a very good judge of character and never got the impression he was lying, I never felt he was bragging, more like a grandfather telling stories about his kids. :)

I do agree there is probably vast amounts of mis truths on the web about him.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
What "Glory Years" was Ernie talking about? Women's softball is not on any kind of decline.

I can't speak for the man himself. But I'd assume he is referring to working with the most famous pitchers in history. The ones who caught the media's attention with their physical abilities and good looks. The ones every little girl dreams of becoming. I'd assume from a PC's view, being involved with such household names in pitching would qualify as "glory years".

Am I missing something? I'm not understanding the hostility towards this guy.

Jan 25, 2011
I have to say that at least the man, took the time to educate girls, right or wrong. He cared enough about this sport to support it. We need more of the Erine Parker's in the world. Iam glad that he didn't sit back and do nothing. I hope to one day be like Coach Parker.

Jun 13, 2009
Goingdeep, I have been very careful with what my words are. I'm not wanting to be hostile or bash. I was only trying to "right the wrong" that was out there about people's misinformation. Unfortunately there is apparently no way to do that without it sounding like I dislike Mr Parker or have an issue with him. I do not.

CG

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish