Daughters new glove question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 22, 2021
Sioux Falls, SD
Word! She hasn't moved two in yet, but that's my plan as we work this new glove in...Hell, now I may just say try it with your og glove. I'll prolly get the stare of death.

Sep 22, 2021
Sioux Falls, SD
Be careful with the Nokona glove conditioner, that stuff is heavy. I've seen more than a couple gloves ruined by using too much of it trying to get the glove to break in faster.
I haven't used too much, but really worked it in. The glove guy gave me props as it makes it easier to break in when they beat it, as it softened up a bit...and you have a bit more error room using it vs an accidental soaking from oil.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
I haven't used too much, but really worked it in. The glove guy gave me props as it makes it easier to break in when they beat it, as it softened up a bit...and you have a bit more error room using it vs an accidental soaking from oil.
I used to use the Nokona exclusively but after picking the brains of the glove gurus here I have since moved to Ball Players Balm Pro Glove Conditioner.. Also, their glove cleaner is amazing.

Congrats on the glove, that's a good one

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I use the Aso method of glove break in, google it on youtube if you're so inclined!
Is that the method where he dunks the ball in a bucket of water and beats the snot out of it? If so, keep in mind he does that for pro ball players who don't need their gloves to last. They need it broken in quickly and don't care about longevity.

Aug 5, 2022
We are breaking in a new Wilson by blasting machine balls at it. She says mama doesn’t throw hard enough to help. Oil rock blast wrap and repeat is where we are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 8, 2016
Sometimes you can get an old glove relaced to extend it’s life instead of rushing the break in process. I wouldn’t use most methods MLB’ers use to break in their gloves..they get them for free 😉 (as if they couldn’t afford to pay for them 😂)

Sep 22, 2021
Sioux Falls, SD
Sometimes you can get an old glove relaced to extend it’s life instead of rushing the break in process. I wouldn’t use most methods MLB’ers use to break in their gloves..they get them for free 😉 (as if they couldn’t afford to pay for them 😂)
In this case, the 4 finger wall in her Mizuno are really getting weak support wise...Doesn't take much pressure to press them backwards.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hgielaz01