Not sure where to go from here...HELP!!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 24, 2021
stop going to a chiropractor. stop playing. see a real sports therapist. you will need them for a long time if she keeps playing.
Also I’d love to know what you mean by “a real sports therapist” how do I find One of those? Here we have chiro, General practitioners & orthopedic doctors......She’s seeing an orthopedic doctor & doing PT. What else would you suggest

Aug 21, 2008
The week after that tournament is when she began complaining. I think The summer volleyball league continued to aggravate it. Fastpitch power is a website with tons of content about IR/forearm fire.
AHHHH, Fastpitch Power is the "forearm fire guy. I met this guy's daughter Carly about 12-15 years ago. I think she was getting ready to marry someone who worked for the Pitt Pirates front office. I did my best to help get her started with pitching lessons in the Pitt area. I have no idea if she's still there, etc. I've never met her father, the "inventor" of this new technique. But, I'll say it again, if he loves fastpitch softball so much and his techniques are so good, why not go play and try them out first hand? I'm not suggesting he play the World champs, but there are 50& Over divisions, 55&over, 60 and over, etc. And all the teams are always looking for pitchers!

I didn't go into the website very much or read a lot but, I'm curious if the pitchers on the homepage of his site are doing what many on here (and other sites) call the "princess hand"? For those that know the "princess hand" thing, can you tell me if that's what these pitchers are doing? If it's not, then maybe I don't fully understand what a princess hand looks like.

Aug 21, 2008
Also I’d love to know what you mean by “a real sports therapist” how do I find One of those? Here we have chiro, General practitioners & orthopedic doctors......She’s seeing an orthopedic doctor & doing PT. What else would you suggest

I'm not sure what is meant by "real sports therapist" either but, assuming they're talking about a "sports psychologist" then I'd agree, one of those can be be very helpful. However, sports psych and chiropractors perform very very very different functions. One manipulates the body, the other manipulates the mind. LOL. A lot of people don't believe in chiro's. Personally, I do believe in them and believe they have helped me.

I have often suggested, on this very forum, in clinics I've done, and to travel ball organizations: call around in your area or Google local colleges in your area to see who offers a Sports Psych degree. Then call or email the professor and ask if some of their students will come work with your team. Maybe the students would do it as part of their thesis? But if parents chipped in $5 each, and some college kid(s) can make a few bucks while applying what they've learned, your team and the program will benefit immensely. You could have entire practices dedicated to the Sports psych lessons. It's hard to quantify how much this can help, even if you have the worlds best pitching coach, hitting coach, fielding coach, etc. Odds are, none of them are trained to help your players with what's "under the hood".

I think I've told this story before but the last time I played for the National team was in 2000, we were prepping to go to South Africa. We were training at the USOC training center in Chula Vista, CA (San Diego area). The Women's Olympic team was there too and we were sorta training together, they'd practice from 8-10, we'd go from 10-12, etc. etc. But while at the Olympic center, one of our practices was in a class room setting with one of the Olympic program's sport's psych. doctors. Keeping in mind, the men's team is made up of older guys. I was the youngest on the team at 28. The women's team had a lot of college age, or fresh out of college players so, they were a lot younger. With most guys in their mid-late 30's, we didn't really take it too seriously. Most of us viewed it as something we HAD to do vs. something we wanted to do. But, looking back on it, remembering what we learned, I truly wish I had more sessions. Most recently, earlier this year in Dallas when I was with the Women's team, their team Sports psych came to town and did individual sessions with each player. I had a great time talking with him about all things sports psych related in pitching. Fascinating info.

If only they had brought in a few more hitting coaches to help them hit , maybe they'd have won Gold!! ha ha (Is it too soon for that joke?)

Jul 24, 2021
I'm not sure what is meant by "real sports therapist" either but, assuming they're talking about a "sports psychologist" then I'd agree, one of those can be be very helpful. However, sports psych and chiropractors perform very very very different functions. One manipulates the body, the other manipulates the mind. LOL. A lot of people don't believe in chiro's. Personally, I do believe in them and believe they have helped me.

I have often suggested, on this very forum, in clinics I've done, and to travel ball organizations: call around in your area or Google local colleges in your area to see who offers a Sports Psych degree. Then call or email the professor and ask if some of their students will come work with your team. Maybe the students would do it as part of their thesis? But if parents chipped in $5 each, and some college kid(s) can make a few bucks while applying what they've learned, your team and the program will benefit immensely. You could have entire practices dedicated to the Sports psych lessons. It's hard to quantify how much this can help, even if you have the worlds best pitching coach, hitting coach, fielding coach, etc. Odds are, none of them are trained to help your players with what's "under the hood".

I think I've told this story before but the last time I played for the National team was in 2000, we were prepping to go to South Africa. We were training at the USOC training center in Chula Vista, CA (San Diego area). The Women's Olympic team was there too and we were sorta training together, they'd practice from 8-10, we'd go from 10-12, etc. etc. But while at the Olympic center, one of our practices was in a class room setting with one of the Olympic program's sport's psych. doctors. Keeping in mind, the men's team is made up of older guys. I was the youngest on the team at 28. The women's team had a lot of college age, or fresh out of college players so, they were a lot younger. With most guys in their mid-late 30's, we didn't really take it too seriously. Most of us viewed it as something we HAD to do vs. something we wanted to do. But, looking back on it, remembering what we learned, I truly wish I had more sessions. Most recently, earlier this year in Dallas when I was with the Women's team, their team Sports psych came to town and did individual sessions with each player. I had a great time talking with him about all things sports psych related in pitching. Fascinating info.

If only they had brought in a few more hitting coaches to help them hit , maybe they'd have won Gold!! ha ha (Is it too soon for that joke?)
That’s awesome! I will Definitely look into this in my area. Thank you so much for sharing all of that!
Lol nah that jokes not too soon!!!!! 😂😂

Jul 24, 2021
AHHHH, Fastpitch Power is the "forearm fire guy. I met this guy's daughter Carly about 12-15 years ago. I think she was getting ready to marry someone who worked for the Pitt Pirates front office. I did my best to help get her started with pitching lessons in the Pitt area. I have no idea if she's still there, etc. I've never met her father, the "inventor" of this new technique. But, I'll say it again, if he loves fastpitch softball so much and his techniques are so good, why not go play and try them out first hand? I'm not suggesting he play the World champs, but there are 50& Over divisions, 55&over, 60 and over, etc. And all the teams are always looking for pitchers!

I didn't go into the website very much or read a lot but, I'm curious if the pitchers on the homepage of his site are doing what many on here (and other sites) call the "princess hand"? For those that know the "princess hand" thing, can you tell me if that's what these pitchers are doing? If it's not, then maybe I don't fully understand what a princess hand looks like.
I have No idea about the “princess hand” technique lol, but I do have an 11 minute side by side video analysis from Jillian from fastpitch power I’d be happy to share through email to anyone who’d be interested in seeing it!

Jul 24, 2021
Getting some PT in today! Love our PT guy. So her shoulder is feeling much better. The physical therapist has told me this is tendinitis & slight impingement....we are doing stretches daily. Still on complete rest! 💛

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 29
Jun 9, 2021
On the topic of rest, we have decided to give our daughter off from pitching in August and from Thanksgiving to New Year's every year moving forward. During these periods of off time, she focuses on strength training. She had practice with her new team this week and I told her coach she isn't pitching until the end of August. She pitched a ton from April until July..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles