Daughters new glove question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
What??? I know your not as old as me but c'mon your not exactly a rookie right? You, Core, CaseDawg and more than a few others have helped immensely on the equipment side. And WarriorMike with outfield fencing, balls, etc... EricF when looking at Catchers gear. I use "Old Guard" with respect and as a compliment! ;-)

Oct 1, 2014
USA
And her sister still uses this Vinci when playing 3rd (or anywhere else besides C...I would say it's held up very well and is a great overall glove. The old guard at DFP has steered us well with bats and gloves for sure!

View attachment 26434
View attachment 26435
I just wanted to add (tried to edit but ?) that this Vinci is a Hybrid of the BV1929L with the Optimus leather, mesh back and an H-Web. Very much like a glove that AnnasDad and Drakemir were discussing back in 2018.

Shoutout to Drakemir for the upgrade and to the BV1929L...which I believe is the best overall glove in the Vinci lineup.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I just wanted to add (tried to edit but ?) that this Vinci is a Hybrid of the BV1929L with the Optimus leather, mesh back and an H-Web. Very much like a glove that AnnasDad and Drakemir were discussing back in 2018.

Shoutout to Drakemir for the upgrade and to the BV1929L...which I believe is the best overall glove in the Vinci lineup.
That is a great looking glove, one thing Vinci has down is their mesh, great stuff!

I broke in an 11.75” I-Web glove and a 1B mitt for two sisters on Anna’s 2018 & 2019 HS teams, both were Optimus series gloves.

I thought they were thicker, more robust, and more substantial than the Limited Kip’s, but I also thought they were considerably softer, they were really easy to get practice ready, and then game ready in a week or two.

That’s the only two Optimus gloves I’ve ever handled.

I know Vinci’s are less expensive than Rawlings, especially a Rawlings custom, but man with a few….or several simple tweaks they could be sooo much better and a world of difference! But those tweaks would cost a little to do!

May 28, 2019
Got my Center fielder a new Heart of the Hide 12.5...Will NOT steam this beauty! Took Nokona glove conditioner and worked it in to soften a bit before hand...then had a qualified glove guy beat it and work pocket, heal and closing area. Outside of continuing to roll the heal, rock it back & forth, play catch, any solid idea how I can work it without messing it up for closing better? Palm area is still pretty stiff, can you rock/roll that are like the heal, or can that cause other issues?

She is 11 now, hoping to switch over to it in January full time, as her Mizuno glove fingers are just hanging on support wise. Any ideas or just keep on keeping on?
Is there a John Deere or Kubota dealer near you? Maybe you can ask them if you can pin the glove on the ground in their most trafficked area for a week or four.

Sep 22, 2021
Sioux Falls, SD
Break in update after spring and summer season, almost a year later here. She always keeps two softballs in the glove when in backpack, wrapped it a ton this spring as well.

Plays two in the pinky and she locked down every damn ball hit to her in the outfield, and she was BUSY out there playing up to 14U😍🥰 Tons more action out there... Ball sticks like velcro, and way earlier than I expected. The Nokona really let it mold well, super impressed. Tough to see in photo, but the pocket is getting nice and deep as well.

Will do a cleaning and condition after fall ball here!

Attachments

• Heartglove.jpg
    Heartglove.jpg
    513.3 KB · Views: 26
  • Heartgloveback.jpg
    Heartgloveback.jpg
    327.6 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members