Daughters new glove question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 21, 2014
Hmm, that is exactly the opposite of what pocket adhesive is supposed to do. The adhesive keeps pocket creases from forming by adhering the leather to the felt pad.

I bet you can guess where the adhesive was balled up in this glove (and this is extremely common in fastpitch gloves because of the way a girl will squeeze the glove).

As a side note, I don't know of any manufacturer that uses felt in the palm. Sometimes a leather pad, sometimes poron. Usually the adhesive is just gluing the palm liner to the palm shell.

I have started using a felt pad (1/16" F1) once the adhesive has been removed to help smooth out the leather and give a useful layer of padding in there. It also tends to give a little more structure back to the palm area that's been pretty fatigued from the squeeze patter. So far it has been well received.

Attachments

• IMG_6345.jpg
    IMG_6345.jpg
    386.3 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_6417.jpg
    IMG_6417.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 37
Nov 18, 2015
These forums never change. We go to break in opinions to pocket adhesives?! WTF yall? Tighten up!
Apologies for repeating myself - but:
Welcome to DFP! :)
And I would also argue - be glad they HAVE changed, else we'd still be discussing whether a batting cage located in a pole barn effects the hitting mechanics of a one-legged golfer preparing for MS tryouts (on a bigger field).

Nov 18, 2015
I have started using a felt pad (1/16" F1) once the adhesive has been removed to help smooth out the leather and give a useful layer of padding in there. It also tends to give a little more structure back to the palm area that's been pretty fatigued from the squeeze patter.
jmdub - do you have any pictures of this procedure you could share? (or start a new thread for reference?)

Are you seeing the adhesive accumulate in certain areas of the palm, just from usage, and this is what causes the wrinkles to appear?

Jun 8, 2016
So back to the break in...What's the best way to flair the glove at least thumb side properly, without breaking it down too much?
Like @ANNASDAD said since that is a softball HOH I would think you should be able to just play catch with it and it should be ready for Jan 🤷🏽‍♂️

Sep 22, 2021
Sioux Falls, SD
Like @ANNASDAD said since that is a softball HOH I would think you should be able to just play catch with it and it should be ready for Jan 🤷🏽‍♂️
It's actually doing well now...Probably transitioning over in the next month or so. Rocking the heel, wrapping it, and playing catch with two in the pinky. It's getting there, gloves built like a tank, but getting there! :cool: (y) (y)

Jun 8, 2016
It's actually doing well now...Probably transitioning over in the next month or so. Rocking the heel, wrapping it, and playing catch with two in the pinky. It's getting there, gloves built like a tank, but getting there! :cool: (y) (y)
It took us a year to break in my DD’s Pro206 but we were not in a rush. Ready to buy a new one now..just waiting for a new batch of Pro1000’s to come in..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi