Batting gloves - recommendation?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 26, 2013
I lucky, my daughter never wears them, doesn't like them. While we're on the subject, what is the advantage of wearing them?

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
I lucky, my daughter never wears them, doesn't like them. While we're on the subject, what is the advantage of wearing them?

For the most part, they improve grip on the bat, especially on hot days when the palms of the girls get sweaty and have a tendency for the bat to slip in their grasp. The padded ones also give a dampening effect on the stingers; slight as that may be.

Apr 8, 2010
My dd likes the Rawlings Workhorse gloves. They are "baseball" gloves, but she had a pair last all summer (practice and games). She's used the Turbo Slots as well, and liked them. Just too hard to find them locally.

Jan 24, 2009

Batting gloves are for baserunning. The advantages? More aggressive baserunning and less damage in spike vs hand situations.

We wear them to bat because we expect to become a batter-runner, and the baserunning portion is where the gloves are useful.

VW

Jun 24, 2013
They look cool and cost me money. :) DD outgrow hers and she didn’t miss them but we needed to buy a new pair this year, sometimes she remembers to put them on.

May 28, 2013
My DD's batting gloves smell so bad!!! Her glove smells so bad and then her batting gloves smell even worse. we put foot powder in her glove to help with the smell tried putting batting gloves in bag with foot powder but that didn't help as well as the glove. anyone else have this problem/ It bothers me more than her. She stinks so bad when we ride home in the car. She just says, "Oh well, I sweat a lot and play hard so I stink. It's not like I'm a ballerina MOM!

Aug 3, 2013
do you have sports chalet? if so they offer a warranty for $5 and its good for a year. Just used it for the first time after the mizuno gloves we bought got a hole in the finger after 2 months.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Motocross gloves...by far. You can find tons of colors, lots of stores have discounts where they are 10-15 bucks...up to 20 bucks
if you want early discount gloves not on super discount yet...hahaha.

They are durable as heck. I use 3m spray to hit, only reason I have to get rid of them every few months is the severe
buildup on them. If I didn't use that, they would last forever. Never rip or tear. Sometimes I throw away just to go to a new color
because im bored with the current pair :)

Only thing to make sure when buying, very few, but some come with no Velcro wrist closures...I hate that. So make sure
it says Velcro wrist closure. Moose, Fox, Fly, Oneal, Thor, Answer I have worn, all gtg. Only brand that sucked was Troy Lee Designs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck