Equipment Buying Hacks And Advice

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
My rules, some of you might not like them

don’t spend over $100 dollars for a glove. have them relaced if needed, you will get another year out of a glove
I respect your opinion and agree with just about everyone of your points.........except the $100.00 glove one! By the time most hundred dollar gloves need a re-lace, that thin leather is pretty much shot and re-lacing it just stiffens up the finger tips and web, for a very short time! Most $100.00 gloves are disposable, use it until it's shot, get another one.

Anna had two line drives hit at her this weekend that made me glad she was wearing a solid, substantial glove!

There's more to gloves than just it's leather and lace, $100.00 gloves just don't have the same internals as higher end gloves!

May 6, 2015
Buy good cleats, good means they fit and are comfortable. shoes are more important then we give them credit for. Replace as needed, not just at the end of the year.

even though buying at the end of the season (wait, the seaon ends ;)) might save a few, beware of growing feet, we always buy right at start of season, and pray she can get 6 months before outgrowing them.

This is what makes this site so great, I found this place by accident back in 2013 and used this site as a source of information daily! We played in Raleigh this weekend and for the first EVER, I finally said I'm very ready for TB to be over! This is a fully committed team and it's starting to show, they're all wanting to move on to their new chapter of life and softball.

I'm thankful for this site and what it's given me but I feel like I'm at the end of my road here shortly, time for the new batch of Dads with younger DD's to step up and fill some of the older members void.

Well crap we were in Raleigh this weekend for TB too. Would have been cool to meet up and see the glove collection lol. It was a hot one this weekend!

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
And I actually also preach motocross gloves to save cash. They are 100x more sturdy that batting gloves.
Now they are a bit thicker in the palm area than thin batting gloves, but you can get a top notch pair of moto gloves for
like 15 bucks and they come in so many more colors.
You go to a store and pay 20-30 bucks for batting gloves and they rip after a short time.

I know I am hard on gloves because I use adhesive spray for bat grip...but I never rip moto gloves and used to go thru
tons of batting gloves.

So if you haven't looked or tried...give a peak

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying