Do you toss a good batting glove if the mate is toast?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
See! One glove can have value!
imagine that...
Maybe spray the other one gold and see what you can get for it?

Seriously i did snag one of my parents golf gloves and turn it inside out to wear. Might have been moms she was left handed hmmm?
Worked fine!

Feb 1, 2021
imagine that...
Maybe spray the other one gold and see what you can get for it?

Seriously i did snag one of my parents golf gloves and turn it inside out to wear. Might have been moms she was left handed hmmm?
Worked fine!
Another practical male! Pretty sure my DD would consider disowning me if I suggested something similar though. Lol.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Another practical male! Pretty sure my DD would consider disowning me if I suggested something similar though. Lol.
Lol perhaps rare, but pratical female!

This could be the start of a
'misfit glove sale thread'

Dec 11, 2010
No!

You are looking at this all wrong!!!

Batting gloves are one of the FEW things you should be buying at Dick’s Sporting Goods.

Buy them at Dick’s, and buy the “No Sweat Protection Plan”. Register the receipt immediately on the app.

Then when they get the inevitable rip, you get reimbursed for them. You might have to buy another pair to get you by before you are reimbursed but this can go on for a surprisingly long time. DD wore Easton gloves and they would last 3 months tops before the palm would go out of them. Bang! Reimbursed, get another, buy the protection plan again.

Feb 1, 2021
No!

You are looking at this all wrong!!!

Batting gloves are one of the FEW things you should be buying at Dick’s Sporting Goods.

Buy them at Dick’s, and buy the “No Sweat Protection Plan”. Register the receipt immediately on the app.

Then when they get the inevitable rip, you get reimbursed for them. You might have to buy another pair to get you by before you are reimbursed but this can go on for a surprisingly long time. DD wore Easton gloves and they would last 3 months tops before the palm would go out of them. Bang! Reimbursed, get another, buy the protection plan again.
I wasnt aware of this! Maybe I will try it.

She buys stinger gloves. They either last forever or don't last 30 days. They actually have a 1-year guarantee but typically I just grab another pair. I hate tossing out a perfectly good glove though.

Oct 26, 2019
Yeah..not sure how that came about. I probably mentioned that I used to it do it that way when she was little and she actually still thought my opinion was worth something :LOL:
Funny. My DD only wears the bottom hand one because that’s the only one I ever used (if I used any at all). I feel like they use to sell them as singles when I was younger. Come to think of it, you never see them as singles anymore.

Jun 8, 2016
Funny. My DD only wears the bottom hand one because that’s the only one I ever used (if I used any at all). I feel like they use to sell them as singles when I was younger. Come to think of it, you never see them as singles anymore.
They did sell them as singles..no way my old man would have bought two and let me only use one….

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceez12