Do you toss a good batting glove if the mate is toast?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 1, 2021
It sounds ridiculous to even be typing this, but I can't be the only one that thinks when you buy batting gloves in pairs and one glove is toast but the other is perfectly fine, you keep the good glove and reuse it as a spare?

DD had some expensive batting gloves that were less than a month old. One unraveled, the other was perfectly fine. When I bought her a new pair (same brand and model), I told her to keep the good one just in case. Her and my wife jumped me like I was crazy to think you could reuse a glove that lost its mate.

I mean its not shoes! Its a batting glove! Am I wrong?

Sep 19, 2018
You are not wrong. But neither are you a teenage girl or even a woman (it seems). Just saying, if you hadn't noticed that in the past, we think very differently.

Feb 1, 2021
You are not wrong. But neither are you a teenage girl or even a woman (it seems). Just saying, if you hadn't noticed that in the past, we think very differently.
I am a reasonable and practical male, which should be obvious because instead of arguing with both a teen girl and my wife at the same time about illogical yet silly things, I just vent on an Internet forum.

If thats not 'manly' I don't know what is.

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
Be lucky that they don't use it as an opportunity to get a new set - matching gloves, cleats, hat, headband, socks, bag, bats, etc.

The mis-matched glove could upset the Feng Shui.

Jun 8, 2016
My 11 YO (RH) DD only uses a batting glove on her bottom hand. If my 3 YO DS (LH) decides to play I will make sure he does the same since he will have a lifetime supply of batting gloves to use... :p

Feb 1, 2021
My 11 YO (RH) DD only uses a batting glove on her bottom hand. If my 3 YO DS (LH) decides to play I will make sure he does the same since he will have a lifetime supply of batting gloves to use... :p
Not a bad plan. You don't see too many one glove hitters anymore by the way.

Jun 8, 2016
Not a bad plan. You don't see too many one glove hitters anymore by the way.
Yeah..not sure how that came about. I probably mentioned that I used to it do it that way when she was little and she actually still thought my opinion was worth something :LOL:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes