barrel/hand pivot point, a.k.a TTB

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
again, your objective is wrong. At the top levels the pitching is to good. You don’t try for HRs.

he’s talking to you Bobby.

I ain't listening to folks that make no sense... there were some really smart guys who thought the earth was flat, the sun orbited the earth, and you swing down to get the ball into the air...... nonsense!
When the line drives start banging against the fence.... you lift the ball so you don't have to run so fast. The top level pitcher can't do anything to a ball that's squared up and over his head/fence. I'll take that one on one, pitcher vs. batter, any day over the batter against 8 fielders.
MLB and NCAA have bought into it too. You win games by crossing the plate, not getting to first base.
ARod has a video where he talks about RBI's. Best way to get a RBI that I know of is to bat yourself in as often as possible.
BA is a stat for the losers.
They don't focus on HR's because they don't know how it happens...it's a mistake to them.
yada, yada, yada...

Last edited:

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Swing on ice for us...
gimme some skates.

Or, hold my beer.......
giphy.gif

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
giphy.gif

This was a HR that sent the Astro's to the WS. This was a pitch on the outside coming from a lefty (Chapman). It was hit over the LC fence. You can pull an outside pitch if it's up a little, doesn't work so well if the pitch is down.

Is there early TTB or just a deeper HPP (hand pivot point)?

Bobby,

This swing represents one of your explanations. I’ll let everyone decide which one explains this swing,

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Edit:
The bat lag is caused by the Euler force. It is proportional to the mass of the bat and the acceleration of the bat. It dissipates as the bat's acceleration slows allowing the centripetal force to extend the barrel. This explains the need for "hands to ball/Down to" folks to decelerate/slow the rate of acceleration because that's how they create barrel extension. They need to stop accelerating the bat so the barrel will extend due to centripetal force. As long as they apply rotational/angular acceleration, they will stay in bat lag.
Early TTB applies torque to negate the Euler force and extends the barrel into the rotational plane without the need to slow rotational acceleration.
Would this be the hands getting thrown off the "tilt a whirl"?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez