Analysis of 10U DD Swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Hitter

Banned
Dec 6, 2009
One that has worked well for me. Soft toe touch into stride. Plant the heel, Flex the knees, Fire the back hip first. In that order. If you get her to think in those terms for the lower half movement then the upper half should follow. Also, if you look closely at the Bustos clip and watch her back elbow you will see it is away from her body as she comes around the corner with the swing. This is what I am trying to convey with this clip.

Dana.

When you actually use the hand path device with it, it makes more sense and I will get one of the kids to do it.

Thanks Howard

Sep 29, 2008
Northeast Ohio
When you actually use the hand path device with it, it makes more sense and I will get one of the kids to do it.
Is there a link with a picture or description of the handpath device somewhere. That is something that would be a great tool for by work with a team or 9 - 10 year olds.

Howard you are the mad scientist of hitting with your creative tools and descriptions. Thanks for your input on this site.

Hitter

Banned
Dec 6, 2009
Is there a link with a picture or description of the handpath device somewhere. That is something that would be a great tool for by work with a team or 9 - 10 year olds.

Howard you are the mad scientist of hitting with your creative tools and descriptions. Thanks for your input on this site.

I work with such a variety of kids that are LD, ADD may not be the best athlete on the team, actually blind in one eye, etc and all we try to do is get them in the game some how to enjoy softball a little more.

I am going to take the nail simulator with me to the Pittsburgh clinic and let JCheir daughter try it soo maybe he can video it for us.

Thanks Howard

Aug 1, 2008
ohio

Mad scientist is an understatement!! Howard is always finding easier ways to teach the swing by these inventions.

Straightleg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck