10U Mama from OHIO

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 26, 2023
Hey everyone - this is my daughters soon to be 5th year playing (8U 3, 10U 2). Several parents and I for a while had noticed that if you didn't fit into a "certain category" kids were being singled out or passed over, and decided to start a much needed non-profit softball league. This started in early June of 2023, as a type of "open-gym" setting. We brought in high schoolers that came from different skill areas that helped us group the girls into what skill they needed or wanted to improve on. The end of the first week of us even speaking about this idea, we ended up doing a 5 week summer camp with 127 girls. Needless to say we were absoultey blown away! We knew that nothing within a 25 mile radius of our area was even available or affordable for each and every family to be able to access. As of today, we have 97 girls that just finished our fall ball season 2 weeks ago and are excited to see what spring will look like. I couldn't be more proud of the hard work that we've done so far, and even more proud of the work that will be done in the future.

I am currently the background person (website admin, social media admin, etc. and organization secretary) and wear many many hats. I am so excited to be apart of this group & hope that I am able to learn more about different areas of the game. I am NOT here to recruit players, coaches, etc., but to read everyone's questions and in doing so I hope to find answers on different areas of questions I may have. Thanks for your time!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles