10U injury pitching injury has me stumped

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 16, 2019
I had a kid I taught IR to as a 9yr. old. Once she started travel she took lessons from other coaches. She started having pain on the inside of her forearm. It turned out that she would snap IR and HE follow through once we stopped that the pain went away. Check the ball rotation.

Jun 10, 2023
I had a kid I taught IR to as a 9yr. old. Once she started travel she took lessons from other coaches. She started having pain on the inside of her forearm. It turned out that she would snap IR and HE follow through once we stopped that the pain went away. Check the ball rotation.
she is finally getting back to throwing again. we shut her down the last bit of spring season to rest. Dr said it takes up to 8 weeks for a muscle to heal and rest. she isnt experiecing pain but now i fear it for her every time she throws. the spin of the ball is side spin and the ball tends to curve slightly.

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
Side spin might mean that she is using a palm up curve ball release, which requires that the wrist is cupped/flexed. This could put pressure on the muscles in the area where you said she had an issue.

Mar 19, 2009
Southern California
she is finally getting back to throwing again. we shut her down the last bit of spring season to rest. Dr said it takes up to 8 weeks for a muscle to heal and rest. she isnt experiecing pain but now i fear it for her every time she throws. the spin of the ball is side spin and the ball tends to curve slightly.
Our kid threw a nasty screw ball because she would violently pull her hand up finishing at the shoulder IR at 6:00 to 12:00 hand twisting and pulling up.

Oct 4, 2018

I'm biased, but do you have a Tincher instructor near you? We've been to two different ones over the years, and I can attest they put health and safety first. They would quickly get her on the right path to injury-free pitching. And really good pitching.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles