10U injury pitching injury has me stumped

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 10, 2023
My 10U DD has been complaining of a sharp pain in her interior forearm when pitching. Its not her whole forearm just like a quarter size area. Not every pitch but the more she throws harder more often she says it hurts (38-40mph). She says its like getting hit not a burning pain. She pitches IR and this is something that just came up a couple of weeks ago. At first we thought it could be friction of rubbing on jersey or possibly hitting hip but nothing indicates that as her hip or arm isnt red.

We happendend to be talking with another coach and they had said that she had known several pitchers that had went through the same. They said its blood flow to that area like a pump and continue to work through it. I cant seem to find anything about this on the net. Has anyone else heard of this or been through something similiar? We are still planning on taking her to the Dr and not to pitch for good measure but any thoughts on anyone elses experience. Im not sure sure its from overuse, she pitches at one 45 min lesson during the week, a couple of times at home (less that 60 balls per time) and during maybe 2 games on Saturday tourneys every other week.

Jan 22, 2011
My 10U DD has been complaining of a sharp pain in her interior forearm when pitching. Its not her whole forearm just like a quarter size area. Not every pitch but the more she throws harder more often she says it hurts (38-40mph). She says its like getting hit not a burning pain. She pitches IR and this is something that just came up a couple of weeks ago. At first we thought it could be friction of rubbing on jersey or possibly hitting hip but nothing indicates that as her hip or arm isnt red.

We happendend to be talking with another coach and they had said that she had known several pitchers that had went through the same. They said its blood flow to that area like a pump and continue to work through it. I cant seem to find anything about this on the net. Has anyone else heard of this or been through something similiar? We are still planning on taking her to the Dr and not to pitch for good measure but any thoughts on anyone elses experience. Im not sure sure its from overuse, she pitches at one 45 min lesson during the week, a couple of times at home (less that 60 balls per time) and during maybe 2 games on Saturday tourneys every other week.

I'm not a doctor nor do I play one on TV. My DD had an issue fall ball first year 14u where she tore fascia in her arm that was causing a similar issue. I would consult with a sports chiropractor if there is one in your area.

My DD had to throw about 75pct change-ups the few games she pitched that fall because throwing a fastball hurt.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2019
Please don’t take medical advice from anyone on this board who has not seen/examined your daughter. No offense to anyone trying to be helpful. Take some time off and if that doesn’t heal it then go see a sports medicine professional.

Jun 10, 2023
So as a follow up. We went to the Dr today. She had an x-ray and ultrasound. Nothing tore but has inflammation in her forearm. no pitching 2-3 weeks and if any pain comes back get an MRI and extended rest.

Jan 22, 2011
So as a follow up. We went to the Dr today. She had an x-ray and ultrasound. Nothing tore but has inflammation in her forearm. no pitching 2-3 weeks and if any pain comes back get an MRI and extended rest.

Hope that after the 2-3 weeks everything is fine.

Jun 19, 2020
When you say inside of the arm when pitching do you mean the ulna / pinky ring finger side?

Oct 26, 2019
I said I'm not a doctor and to consult a sports chiropractor. Not sure where I gave medical advice. I didn't do something like say take some time off and see a sports medicine professional if that doesn't heal it :) .
Assuming this is directed at me?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles