Whos the best?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Richard Head at it again..This guy was registered for one day..asked 1 question and he is all over him to go buy a perscription to the forum..LMAO!

Originally Posted by SuperTilt

How does this impact me? im not sure what you are getting at here. Im sorry. You are correct. i did set up an account here the other day and forgot my dang email address so i want able to varify the account? So is it not ok to ask a question?

Teacherman
Look, I know who you are. You just registered under two different usernames on the same day, with different email addresses, from the same IP address. And.....you've done this before and I banned you. I'm soft. I didn't ban you this time. Go to 'settings'....at the top right of the main page....scroll down to 'Paid Subscriptions'....make your selection. Now. Your end run around buying a membership is over.

Supertilt:
i have never been banned anywhere. And how is my question out in left field? I forgot my email...i have a couple web based yahoo emails bcz i dont like all the spam on my regular email that goes to my phone? Yes i did make 2 different accounts..I had to...i forgot my email password...so go look and see that the first one was never registered and the email was never recieved bcz i didnt know the password...WHATS THE BIG DEAL?

This is such a funny story Fly.

Jan 7, 2009
I havent been on site for a long time and get on a thread about who is best and we have people bashing hitting instructors. I personally teach Howard and Crystals teachings. I am friends with Howard and he has always been professional when he is at Clinic and in a lesson. My daughters got to spend 4 hours in his garage on Fathers day a year ago(which was awesome for me and my girls) and not once was he mean or disrespectful to my girls. I can call or email him anytime and he will always help me with my hitting problems. My daughters are the best hitters on their teams and if I could have 10 girls on team that all do Crystal and Howards teachings I would beat you every time.

Russell Reed

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
I havent been on site for a long time and get on a thread about who is best and we have people bashing hitting instructors. I personally teach Howard and Crystals teachings. I am friends with Howard and he has always been professional when he is at Clinic and in a lesson. My daughters got to spend 4 hours in his garage on Fathers day a year ago(which was awesome for me and my girls) and not once was he mean or disrespectful to my girls. I can call or email him anytime and he will always help me with my hitting problems. My daughters are the best hitters on their teams and if I could have 10 girls on team that all do Crystal and Howards teachings I would beat you every time.

Russell Reed

TripleA, it is part of LH/Fly/Roy’s demeanor to spout off about something he has no concrete information on. If you think this is bad, then you should hear his views on other topics such as particular ethnic groups, gays and democrats. It’s a bit unsettling to say the least.

FYI, it is Crystl, not Crystal. You made that misspelling multiple times in your post. Also, my daughter’s team played a Bustos Elite travel team and the Bustos team didn’t fare so well. Your boasting about having a team completely trained by the Bustos technique is silly … as there are many teams that use particular techniques, some of which even support their teachings via the Hanson Principle.

As for people’s complaints about Richard/HI … it seems to be boiled down to his delivery of the material. I didn’t read complaints about his material in this thread, but more about his Internet personality. Supposedly Justin Stone now packages the same information with a positive delivery, and if true, then perhaps that may work for some.

Bottom line … if you have a system that works, then all the power to you. Feel free to share/discuss what it is that works so well.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
SBF, the boast was from TripleA ... "if I could have 10 girls on team that all do Crystal and Howards teachings I would beat you every time". It was a silly boast. Bustos was an excellent hitter, but some of what she teaches doesn't add up to how she swung ... and some of what she teaches is quite good. As with anyone, apply the Hanson Principle ... filter in the good, and filter out the bad. Bottom line, we have many here believing to be using the best information ... so that should lead to healthy discussions on application and usage ... we can hope anyway.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
As for people’s complaints about Richard/HI … it seems to be boiled down to his delivery of the material. I didn’t read complaints about his material in this thread, but more about his Internet personality.
Mostly. I think Howe/Chappy had some differences of opinion on mechanics to go along with his hatred, but otherwise it's like you said.

Supposedly Justin Stone now packages the same information with a positive delivery, and if true, then perhaps that may work for some.
I've found that the JS videos have similarities to what HI/Rich is teaching, but HI/Rich puts a more emphasis on hand use/bat path (turning the barrel), back/scap use, and SNF mechanics.

Bottom line … if you have a system that works, then all the power to you. Feel free to share/discuss what it is that works so well.
This ^^

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Sorry Crystl. This is why I haven't been on for a long time and obviously dont need to anymore.

Why? Because you were boasting of using someone's information who's name you didn't even spell correctly?

It's simple ... your boast was silly and not accurate. As a reader, you should want ridiculous boasts to be challenged. As a poster, it should sharpen your skills to write more helpful information.

Stick around ... engage in discussions with a goal to provide and extract information ... describe the drills you've learned that have helped your hitters. The act of describing your drills will help you learn them even better ... and, hopefully, will help others as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mugs_dad