Teaching the high level pattern

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Yes sir, that's what happens. Anxiety will break down swings. Relax, watch the pitcher, time her up. If you feel rushed, start earlier. I would much rather, a hitter swing at a ball than be late on a FB down the middle. Yes, yes yes.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Yes sir, that's what happens. Anxiety will break down swings. Relax, watch the pitcher, time her up. If you feel rushed, start earlier. I would much rather, a hitter swing at a ball than be late on a FB down the middle. Yes, yes yes.
That’s right you’re swinging on every pitch. Some think they are yes yes yes as Sue Enquist said you’re swinging until you stop.

May 16, 2019

Like the adjustments with the hands so he can hit the inside pitch vs getting stuck behind him.

When most were saying he was doing something different than HLP. I saw that he was less rotational, It makes sense moving his hands so they don't get stuck.

Reactions: TDS
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
The start of gearing the entire body up to get one legged. Already favoring the back leg.

0DFF3129-1851-46F8-A417-E7C7EDD78DD8.jpeg

Getting to the full stretch, launch position. As I found 20 plus years ago?? I would have been so much better off if I listened to myself back then from studying hitters on the computer frame by frame. I learned far more than any of what the so called Gurus taught me.

HLP is Goata.

The launch position can be before toe touch or before ball of foot touching down. We called it rotating into foot plant. Even called it stepping into the swing.

7F69FFB1-B24D-4D3B-BA3E-0FB38F5F4256.jpeg

We know Judge trains into his swing to not let the front foot drop. He works on it constantly with starting early and controlling the load/stretch.

Check the head position over the rear column. Back chain dominance. Just like Ortiz said, if my head is over my back hip he’s good. Vey much GOATA.

Just like Eric F said about Maddie needed this head position/alignment.

This is the coiled spring Hank Aaron said if down correctly it unwinds with lightning speed.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
The max stretch, of course happens at foot plant.

Two more, Hoovers. Little taller in the back knee/leg. More upright to start and then lowers into the swing. Steps into the swing. The swing is the shift. The head a little more forward and then shift underneath it.

69113295-920B-4A77-A333-819BE6012B0C.gif

The head lowering is part getting into more butt behind the crown of the head.

Launch position.

75914B89-F63E-49E6-82A4-348E06AA3CF2.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28