Whos the best?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Couldn't wade through the 12 pages of replys so excuse me if this person has already been mentioned.

Steve Englishbey is by far the best hitting technician I've seen, heard, read, followed, etc. Like all us coaches, Steve feels very strongly in his method of teachings/he is not for the faint of heart......when you see the research and documentation to back up what he teaches you would have difficulty finding any flaws in how/what he teaches.....check him out at: Steve Englishbey Hitting: Elite Hitting Instruction, Batting Instruction for Baseball and Softball

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
Couldn't wade through the 12 pages of replys so excuse me if this person has already been mentioned.

Steve Englishbey is by far the best hitting technician I've seen, heard, read, followed, etc. Like all us coaches, Steve feels very strongly in his method of teachings/he is not for the faint of heart......when you see the research and documentation to back up what he teaches you would have difficulty finding any flaws in how/what he teaches.....check him out at: Steve Englishbey Hitting: Elite Hitting Instruction, Batting Instruction for Baseball and Softball

Notice that Steve isn't really holding the bat with the top hand. Seems to be a variant of the reverse-hand drill.

http://www.englishbeyhitting.com/images/SteveEOneArm.gif

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Doug, I remember this clip from years ago. in it, he is demonstrating how well you can hit the ball with just your bottom hand.

I would like to no more of the details of Steve, and all the other coaches mentioned here.

I have been a member of his site for 5 + years. He has some good stuff.
Mark H and SSarge are 2 members that I really like what they post..There are plenty others that are good on his site.

Mark H used to post here a few years ago.

The Hanson Principle:D:D:D

Straightleg

Apr 5, 2009
NE Kansas
I think Tewks ebook simplifies and dovetails in with Englishbeys work if one has been swinging a bat for a while. I don't think you will have much success using Tewks stuff without any previous knowledge of swing mechanics. I thinks Steve Englishbey's work will allow anyone who is a beginner and willing to do the work, to better understand what and how to develop a swing and then continue to refine that swing. Key phrase is "willing to do the work" for success. And it doesn't happen overnight.

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
I have been a member of his site for 5 + years. He has some good stuff.
Mark H and SSarge are 2 members that I really like what they post..There are plenty others that are good on his site.

Mark H used to post here a few years ago.

The Hanson Principle:D:D:D

Straightleg

Any key things that goes against the grain?

for a Fence building system, I like Parker, it is an easy to understand step by step system, that you continue to build upon.

Baseball Rotational Hitting Mechanics,Swing,Tips,Instruction,Videos,Training Aid

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dionrod67