What about this swing?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
She will be able to get her hips around, if she lines up her feet, I think. From this view it looks like her left foot is a few inches further from the plate than the right foot. She has, in effect, locked out her hips.

I have a question, does every one else stand there, while one person bats?

Feb 14, 2010
Squishing the bug and bat drag. Needs to really work on using her hips and hands a lot better. Work from the ground up.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
She will be able to get her hips around, if she lines up her feet, I think. From this view it looks like her left foot is a few inches further from the plate than the right foot. She has, in effect, locked out her hips.

I have a question, does every one else stand there, while one person bats?

Thankz Amy !...It was at the end, everyone just got four pitches...a contest to hit a line drive. She got one at the end :{)) It was her first time with new bat...2" longer, 2oz heavier.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
What is the purpose of the two orange rectangular objects in front of the plate?

New to me also...this is not her batting Coach. It was team batting pratice. They used the orange objects to get them to focus on the ball as it moves through them... really didn't hear it all...He went and got them after one girl had trouble even making contact. Plus I was to busy talking to know if he said anymore about them ?

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
New to me also...this is not her batting Coach. It was team batting pratice. They used the orange objects to get them to focus on the ball as it moves through them... really didn't hear it all...He went and got them after one girl had trouble even making contact. Plus I was to busy talking to know if he said anymore about them ?

The orange objects are only a few feet in length (approx). By the time the ball has reached the orange objects, the batters will have already lost their ability to accurately track the ball and are swinging to their prediction of where the ball will be.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
I'm guessing they are forward extensions of the strike zone. Guessing again, so the younger batters can have more of an "idea" if it's a ball or strike "before" it reaches the plate.

Agree with 5frame, not enough time once they reach the markers, they'd have to read ( ball or strike ) before = in flight path early.

Only my guess.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
I know you guys now better than me. I really didn't listen, DD was in another station. I do know he went and got them... He also used the milk carton to hold a couple others foot in place. He was a super nice guy though. He had two former college girls players, helping as well. Team spent 2.5 hours there today. And they kept everyone interested and moving + We all had fun.

Jan 25, 2011
Thankz Amy !...It was at the end, everyone just got four pitches...a contest to hit a line drive. She got one at the end :{)) It was her first time with new bat...2" longer, 2oz heavier.

that is a big jump in bat size it seems, in less, her bat was to small before, what size is it, it looks a little big to me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32