Fouts Velocity

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 21, 2008
I love to see people cashing in on their success but, I suspect there's going to be several comments about what you see her teaching in the video.

Mar 29, 2023
Even ignoring the fact she is teaching H/E, It's odd that she has the student do a motion that doesn't match the immediate clip of her pitching in college after.

May 13, 2021
Do you put stuff like this in the same category as the baseball guys demonstrating singing down at the ball, when they never actually sung that way. I really don't understand this, you know she has watched numerous videos of herself, to see what she actually does.

Aug 21, 2008
I'm glad you all got to see it and I wasn't imagining it. And as someone pointed out, the irony of ironies in all of it is the video of herself pitching after where she does absolutely nothing like she did when teaching that young girl.

I still think this is the #1 problem today and the reason why H/E still exists. Someone like Ms. Fouts is teaching pitching the exact way she was taught. She doesn't understand or refuses to see what she does vs. what she is teaching.

It's nice to see her giving back. I know she's a role model for a lot of young ladies.

I didn't know her dad was a pitching coach but, that makes total sense. I had the coach of a travel team, a nationally known program on the East Coast, who has won and been finalist in several National championships tell me once that Ms. Fout's dad would routinely shop his DD around to club teams, offering her to pitch if he could be the team's pitching coach. He wanted to control her pitching and pitch calling. The manager of this particular team said "No thank you" despite knowing that having her would almost certainly put them in the National finals. I think the majority of the top women's pitcher's fathers end up becoming an expert. Doug Finch, Denny Tincher, are good examples. Even Cat Osterman's father gave lessons, I think. And I'm sure this is equally true for hitting. I have no doubt that father's of named players are considered hitting experts based on their daughter's careers. Now to be 100% clear and fair, I don't think any of these gentleman are purposefully trying to ruin young pitchers/hitters careers. I am sure they genuinely believe they are helping, and maybe they are!!!! I'm only stating that the fathers get their "street cred" from their kid. I'm not arguing whether or not they know what they're talking about.

**Funny story side note, at one point in Erie PA where I grew up, the legend of my own father began to appear. Now, some of my first memories as a child was watching my dad play fastpitch softball. I was the bat boy. My father played either RF or 1B, and he batted 9th because there was no 10th or 11th position in the order... he was THAT bad. In retrospect, I don't remember EVER seeing my father get a hit. lol. Anyway, at some point during my career, old timers that would come watch the games I'd pitch in our city league began to "misremember" that my father was a pitcher. The legend continued to grow and grow. At one point someone said, paraphrasing here, "the son is pretty good but, his father was one of the best ever!" My father never threw a ball underhand in his life, not even when I was a kid and he'd play catch with me while I practiced.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles