POLL- would you pay this?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Would you do *weekly hitting lessons like that?

• No

Votes: 34 91.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • What if it was head of organization? No

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • What if it was head of organization? Yes

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters
May 13, 2023
Heard about this
*weekly
8 person group hitting session
for 1 hour.

Cost $50 each, each session.

Where are you at with this?
🤩
🙂
🤐
🤣
🤨

* Purposely did not put 'only once' as a choice...
Because post is about the cost of ongoing lessons and lesson settings.

* Feedback to your poll Choice helps
well-rounded conversations!
GO DFP 🎉

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2018
I once paid $100 for a 4 person hitting group. I did not go back a 2nd time. I've done $30 for 45 minute 3 /4 person hitting group. Having said that, around here, Prices start at $100 and hour for one on one. Most even higher.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
I don't necessarily think all group hitting clinic suck. I did pay $70 for a group(8) lesson once. It was with AZ State's hitting coach. It was well ran and informative. I got one nugget out of it I still use all the time. I will look up guys name. He has been around college softball a long time. Jimmy Kolaitis.

Last edited:
May 13, 2023
I don't necessarily think all group hitting clinic suck. I did pay $50 for a group lesson once. It was with AZ State's hitting coach. It was well ran and informative. I got one nugget out of it I still use all the time.
My thought about this post topic is that the observation that doing something once might be to see what the hoopla is about or to find that possibility of help. But that is definitely a very different decision than a weekly investment ongoing. (That is why I left
'only once' out of the poll choice.)

@Rolling,
To your example/experience,
if you found that nugget the first time
would you keep going?

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
My thought about this post topic is that the observation that doing something once might be to see what the hoopla is about or to find that possibility of help. But that is definitely a very different decision than a weekly investment ongoing. (That is why I left
'only once' out of the poll choice.)

@Rolling,
To your example/experience,
if you found that nugget the first time
would you keep going?
No. I listened to the whole lesson. I agreed with everything he said and gained one cue or idea that was new to me and thought it applied well with my DD.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
RH, Jimmy Kolaitis once talked to my dd when he was at Southern Alabama about playing there.

In camps, the format is clear so you pay while knowing what you are getting into. Personally, any group larger than 3 or 4 significantly limits the amount of time any one player gets instructed. I mostly do groups of 2. Sometimes, I do a group of 3 but my fee is so reasonable that no one would complain. (Mostly free.)

This is my opinion and I don't want to offend anyone. I've done enough of that lately on this site. There are so many EXPERTS out there that don't know their ..... from a hole in the ground. To me, it appears that they are in it for the money while, at the same time, are not learning new things. I run into it all of the time in HS ball. I rarely, if ever, see a hitting coach attend a game. How are they helping their hitter if they don't know what happens in live situations? Well, I'll get off the soap box now.

Sep 19, 2018
Oh my! May I ask, What state? Guessing indoor. Plus The cost of indoor overhead can be a grip!
NY / NJ border. Bergen County NJ and Westchester NY are both on the expensive side. That cost is usually indoor, but not always. We've done outdoor hitting in the past with me running around shagging to keep the swings going. My dd org has it's own dome. so there are a couple of coaches that give lessons at a lower rate when you can get dome time.

Jun 18, 2023
NY / NJ border. Bergen County NJ and Westchester NY are both on the expensive side. That cost is usually indoor, but not always. We've done outdoor hitting in the past with me running around shagging to keep the swings going. My dd org has it's own dome. so there are a couple of coaches that give lessons at a lower rate when you can get dome time.

the place we do pitching in Wyckoff does group lessons for 2-6 softball players scaled $50-$30 per person for 45 minutes. they recommend 4 weeks but you could do just one if you wanted. I like it there. good vibes.

I thought about it particularly for being able to just get teammates on the same page, have some professional instruction (we're not a professional team, just school stuff, and it'd probably be helpful to have some real baseline instruction to build on). Plus it gets them reps during the cold months.

So yeah, $50/hr is definitely something I'd consider. Not forever, but a handful of times especially when we have nowhere else to really swing? seems reasonable.

Jan 20, 2023
My daughter went from 30 minute private to hour group lessons and I think it’s been great. But it’s 4 kids max. They rotate through stations one of which is live pitching from the coach. I was skeptical - but my daughter really gets a workout in and the stations and live pitching all focus on something so the coach ties it together.

That said I think 8 kids would be too many. Often there are only 3 and that seems perfect in terms of personalized attention to time working in a concept ratio.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles