POLL- would you pay this?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Would you do *weekly hitting lessons like that?

• No

Votes: 34 91.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • What if it was head of organization? No

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • What if it was head of organization? Yes

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters
Apr 8, 2019
I don't necessarily think all group hitting clinic suck. I did pay $70 for a group(8) lesson once. It was with AZ State's hitting coach. It was well ran and informative. I got one nugget out of it I still use all the time. I will look up guys name. He has been around college softball a long time. Jimmy Kolaitis.
Coach K is an all around great guy.

Sep 19, 2018
🤷‍♀️ if people are going to a hitting instructor that is asking for the player to bring hitting video and they don't. Is the instructor working with the wrong people? There I asked it 🙂
as a teacher / coach, you'd like to work with someone that wants to improve and does the work to improve. It is much more satisfying to see growth and that your work is paying off for the 'client'. So I'd rather work with a client that is going to do the things to help me help them. So, I am not going to say the wrong people, but perhaps not the ideal people.

Sep 19, 2018
Or are you saying the instructor should drop people for not following through with videoing?
That would be a luxury that not all (very few) coaches have. My dd took vocal lessons from a teacher that had the clientele to only take people she wanted to work with. Good for that teacher.

May 13, 2023
Goals, Commitment and Time applied to it are definitely not the same for everybody. Because of that
Everybody has to come up with their own individual expectations for the environment they want to be in.
Whether it be players looking for teams, Coach looking for players,
Same in the instructor Realm.

Jan 25, 2022
7.5-ish minutes of instruction for $50
$6.60 per minute.

If it's for the hitters themselves, it's an almost worthless cash grab.

If it's for instructors, it's not awful since instruction is for all participants and wouldn't require much hands-on.

Jul 11, 2021
Having put these together as a "team" hitting lesson, we were around $15-$18 per player for an hour (with an understood minimum number of players each session held weekly). $50 per player beyond 3-4 does seem like a money grab. That's $200/hr for a hitting coach (which would be incredibly high for my area). Once you are beyond 4 people, I would imagine you have less direct focus on each player, hence the reduced cost. Obviously, you have to cover the facility costs as well as the opportunity costs of not having other players in the space but the primary cost/value is still the coach.

May 16, 2019
I don't necessarily think all group hitting clinic suck. I did pay $70 for a group(8) lesson once. It was with AZ State's hitting coach. It was well ran and informative. I got one nugget out of it I still use all the time. I will look up guys name. He has been around college softball a long time. Jimmy Kolaitis.
Jimmy K., is a great coach and person IMO. He came out to PGF looking at his recruits and agreed to see one of my students that had went to one of his camps. She wasn't up to Oregon standards but stayed the whole game sharing recruiting stories. The next year, the coaching staff leave Oregon and he takes my student to UAB. He left 2 yrs later for Arizona State.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles