These kids are good..

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
There are only 3 things you need to know about me to explain my behavior:
1) I don't suffer fools
2) I hate braggarts
3) I have borderline OCD
4)exhibit qualities of a narcissistic sociopath!

ian

Jun 11, 2015
May help a bit but what really helps is if she can ball.. tons of kids playing at the D1 level without the twitter stuff.
Absolutely. If you were a coach and had to choose between two equal ballers, would you choose the one who had a record of projecting a positive immage on social media for years or the one you only had a couple visits with?

Jul 2, 2013
I used to only see a handful of the tweets referenced here. Mostly retweeted or liked by instructors or coaches I follow. But over the last couple of years, I have seen a lot of accounts that have popped up that do nothing other than retweet any tweet they are tagged in. This leads to EVERY girl who tweets tagging them in EVERY tweet and then they all get retweeted. It doesn't bother me much when I see 21's, 22's, or 23's doing this but lately I've been seeing 26's and 27's posting video of ground ball reps indoors and them doing power cleans. I thought the D1 recruiting changes would eliminate the middle school recruiting tweets but now everyone seems to think that you still have to "get on their radar" three years before they can actually recruit you.

I have to mention my favorite new phenomena. Has anyone else noticed the large number of front toss videos at night? It seems someone realized that if you hit at night with the lights on and place the camera (phone) low and off just to one side, you see the first 100 feet or so of the ball travel before it is lost in the lights/dark. Every hit from line drive to pop up looks like a bomb this way. Over the last few months I must have see 100 of these videos pop up in my feed.

Apr 28, 2014
Absolutely. If you were a coach and had to choose between two equal ballers, would you choose the one who had a record of projecting a positive immage on social media for years or the one you only had a couple visits with?
Social media wouldn't be a factor for me. 90% of what's posted is fake or a scrubbed version of reality. Thankfully most people know that.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Social media wouldn't be a factor for me. 90% of what's posted is fake or a scrubbed version of reality. Thankfully most people know that.
How would you decide between two equal ballers? Ton of talent out there.

Apr 28, 2014
How would you decide between two equal ballers? Ton of talent out there.
Academics. Thankfully no two people are identical. It wouldn't be due to social media presence. Just too much in the way of produced posts. Thats why coaches like to go to games. Can learn more then on social media account imo

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Academics. Thankfully no two people are identical. It wouldn't be due to social media presence. Just too much in the way of produced posts. Thats why coaches like to go to games. Can learn more then on social media account imo

Fair enough. You say you wouldn't base your decision off a social media presence. I'll take your word for it..

Choose one player from the same league:

Player 1
4.3GPA
15 bombs
78 MPH pull down throw
2.9sec home to 1st
Shady social media presence

Player 2
4.3 GPA
14 Bombs
75MPH pull down throw
2.98 sec home to 1st
Positive social media presence

Apr 30, 2018
Fair enough. You say you wouldn't base your decision off a social media presence. I'll take your word for it..

Player 1
4.3GPA
15 bombs
78 MPH pull down throw
2.9sec home to 1st

Player 2
4.3 GPA
14 Bombs
75MPH pull down throw
2.98 sec home to 1st

A positive social media presence wouldn't persuade me... but a negative social media presence would definitely make me steer clear.

Knowing that everybody checks out social media for jobs and other things, the stuff some people posts amazes me.

When I use to manage a store for the company I work for, my tie-breaker was handwriting.

Apr 28, 2014

Player 1
4.3GPA
15 bombs
78 MPH pull down throw
2.9sec home to 1st

Player 2
4.3 GPA
14 Bombs
75MPH pull down throw
2.98 sec home to 1st

Wouldn't be a choice. A shady social media presence would DQ anyone. That said those two examples if one had no social media and other was all unicorns and ice cream still wouldn't add to her stock. Social media posts are polished, scrubbed versions of reality. I think most people know that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1