The Kelly Barnhill Thread

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 17, 2012
I don't think it's as hard to emulate as you are making it out to be. The question what are the gains and loses (is it worth it).

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Not to put words in his mouth but somewhere I think Riseball mentioned his DD pitched against her and said there was no drag marks at all when she came back out for her half of the innings. If I am wrong someone will surely correct me. I am getting old, but I don't think I dreamed that one up.

There were definitely drag marks, clear as day, starting well in front of the rubber. Bottom line is that it is very easy to see an IP, even on the field, in real time. The umpires are either inept or corrupt. Leave it up to everyone to figure out which one applies. The topic of "does she actually replant" is interesting beer talk, but really a moot point since she commits an IP via a leap prior to any replant. :)

Oct 19, 2009
It would take an umpire 30 seconds to walk over and see if there is one constant line from the drag, no matter how slim the line in the dirt is.

Bill

Great point Bill! Remember the shoe polish incident in base ball years ago? :)

The evidence is there you just have to look for it.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2010
amanda_drag_zpspa5wwhlu.gif
barnhill_replant_zps7ncxwcov.gif

May 8, 2017
I watched 4 pitchers last night. And none of the 4 were legal. That I think is the reason most coaches don't say anything, because they know their kid isn't by the book either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 21, 2011
38°41'44"N 121°9'47.5"W
I sure wish they would eliminate the leaping and crow-hopping rules. It would stop these 15 page arguments using super slow motion videos where the bio-engineers come out of the woodwork to give their opinions on whether or not a pitcher is bearing weight on their leg, when they have absolutely no clue. It's okay to use $350 juiced bats, step out of the box, wear an elbow guard and lean into a pitch....but heaven forbid that a pitcher might....MIGHT be bearing weight on her leg.

If the rules are good enough for the men, let the women play by them and move on.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez