Swing help-video included

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 26, 2012
[video=vimeo;110073017]https://vimeo.com/110073017[/video]

Is this drill close? I can see that her top hand is still cupped. We are working on it.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Playaction

When the back wrist is cupped out, your hand has to rotate quite a bit to get to palm up/ palm down at impact.
Have your dd do the same drill real slow to impact, have her / you watch how the back hand will spin on the bat, as to not feel so uncomfortable at impact.
My dd in 9th grade. See the top hand at impact, there is a curve between the arm and hand.
You want this same curve when standing at the plate at set up. Your dd curve is going out instead of in.
Hope this helps

SL

Feb 26, 2012
live swing

[video=vimeo;112628394]https://vimeo.com/112628394[/video]

Something doesn't look right. Is the knee cock/ coil a good start? I know it needs alot of work. This was our last tournament and we are going to try to work hard over the next few months. I have been reading alot on fbc and sequence here and at bdp. I have also been swinging the bat trying to get the feel. Thanks for all the help.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
This swing is pretty good.
She dropped her hands some instead of just dropping the barrel. Looks like she got her upper body ahead of the lower half.

She is close.

Her slot position, the hand stacked over the elbow is ahead of her rear stripe in the pants. If she had her swing sequence adjusted with more lower body hip drive, the ball probably would have cleared the fence.

Hey. I would take a stand up double any day of the week...:D

SL

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
The lower body is leading the upper body in this swing.

34hj5kz.jpg

Working the barrel earlier will help her.

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
The lower body is leading the upper body in this swing.

34hj5kz.jpg

Working the barrel earlier will help her.

It might just be me and my pickiness, but I think she's crouched down too low--collapsed too much. I think this hit would have gone further if she had been a bit more upright--less collapsed. That aside, I love her aggressiveness!!!

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
It might just be me and my pickiness, but I think she's crouched down too low--collapsed too much. I think this hit would have gone further if she had been a bit more upright--less collapsed. That aside, I love her aggressiveness!!!

Her transfer from 'around' her rear forearm to 'along' her rear forearm happens too far out front. It isn't because the upper body was initially ahead of the lower body, it is because she was late on the 'around' ... she needs to use her hands earlier.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Earlier, but not necessarily to get the hands as far out in front as she is doing, but rather to get the barrel turning into contact further back?

This is the girl's "RVP Connection Point Position". From here she will transition from 'around' the rear forearm to 'along' the rear forearm.

34hj5kz.jpg

Notice how the elbow is well ahead of the rear hip at this point.

Her 'along' action has no choice but to take place fairly far out front.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32