Critique my kids swing!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 16, 2024
Thoughts on her swing? First one is off tee and the others are live hitting.
I think her swing is too slow, but wondering if anything in her swing mechanically is affecting her.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Thoughts on her swing? First one is off tee and the others are live hitting.
I think her swing is too slow, but wondering if anything in her swing mechanically is affecting her.
Thanks!

It’s prolly slow bc you got the slo-mo on? 😅 🤨 🤣

Jk. If you have the same video in real time it would be best. Also if you have pitcher/side view. Whatever you have..

Aug 20, 2017
Not sure if she’s is on pitching machine, front tosser, or live pitcher but she’s late and swing is rushed. Needs to learn to get front foot up BEFORE the ball hits the machine. If it’s on front toss, give her the “Go” command (foot up and stretch) then flip the ball. If it’s live pitcher she needs to get her foot up when the pitcher starts the upswing.

Apr 30, 2018
With a batter and pitches coming in... should not have an unprotected person behind the plate. They should definitely be in full catching gear in that situation!
That and more preferable to be in a Crouch as standing upright is a larger target to get pegged repeatedly.
This times 1000. While our catcher was taking gear off for turn at plate assistant coach stepped in to catch during live batting. First pitch got foul tipped and busted their eye open.

May 13, 2023
How about throwing her something in the strike zone?
Holy mackerel I was watching a practice the other day and the coach was pitching (you know that pitching mechanic of straight arm slingshot like playing
skee-Ball bowling)
he was arcing the pitches, upppp and ddddown, as they were coming down bouncing on the plate. It was terrible to watch. it was like change up after change up and no strikes. Ohhh myyyy difficult🤦‍♀️
Why do we need a catcher for bp?
Hey now 😉...
😏Sometimes that's the only place catchers get to work on receiving pitches with batters in the Box...

Don't really like to do that with pitching machine and Yikes hard dimple balls...

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
The first thing that jumps out to me is the way she tilts back trying to hit up on the ball. She is rushed, lacks rhythm.
I would start with tee feet together drill hitting line drives to the right side. Over and over and over.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles