Swing help-video included

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 3, 2014
Eric,

A bunch of us have been down quite a few paths. Your time is limited with your kids. Try it out. If it seems too hard or doesn't make sense or makes your kids want to go inside and study math - discard it. I am only being technical so that you can map the muscles. As I said on the phone today to one of the other contributors on this forum - it is much simpler than these words sound. I can get a hitter to follow along in a few minutes and tweak it so it makes sense.

I was just poking fun. I appreciate Butter's input, even if I struggle to keep up many times, or don't necessarily agree with all of it (the jury is still out on some of it, too). At the end of it all, this is - for many of us - about teaching young hitters. Understanding it ourselves is part of the battle, for sure. How to translate that to the head of our kid is a different challenge.

May 3, 2014
You'll grow to like him. RHC is one of the few that are in the 'trenches' with the girls teaching hitting.

I dunno - Maybe I just dislike him the way Doc Holliday disliked Johhny Ringo...I should probably try this stuff out on some girls. So far, I have had great success with Kengerooz

[video=youtube_share;imEH7J5hFwY]http://youtu.be/imEH7J5hFwY[/video]

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
I dunno - Maybe I just dislike him the way Doc Holliday disliked Johhny Ringo...I should probably try this stuff out on some girls. So far, I have had great success with Kengerooz

[video=youtube_share;imEH7J5hFwY]http://youtu.be/imEH7J5hFwY[/video]

Kangaroo has an obsession with his core area

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
RD mentioned grip. Here is a photo

The grip Howard and I teach.

Howard told me Bustos taught this to her teamamtes on the gold medal team.
Looking at old photos you can see this on some of them

SL

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2012
Utah
RD mentioned grip. Here is a photo

The grip Howard and I teach.

Howard told me Bustos taught this to her teamamtes on the gold medal team.
Looking at old photos you can see this on some of them

SL

While I've moved away from the lining up the door knocking knuckles, I'll take that grip she's showing there.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
While I've moved away from the lining up the door knocking knuckles, I'll take that grip she's showing there.

This picture is more for how the fingers hold a bat.

I more see the top hand door knockers lining up half way between the door knockers and upper knuckles of bottom hand.
I never worry about knuckle line up.
Just do the grip with a roof of the house arm/elbow set up.

SL

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck